Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Say what you will, I loved my parents' Gremlin, back in the day. 'Course, I loved that *&^% Chevy Citation, too...


Current Mood : Tired. Ha-ha. 

Current Image Notes : Another way to picture my mood – with a car. Click to embiggen



There’s an entirely different entry I wrote for today that isn’t gonna get posted. It felt good to write it, but sharing it just reminds everyone – and me – how petty I am. It’s a reply to a post I read elsewhere. If I can say it here, I should be able to say it directly to its author, but I just don’t feel my words would help, and I am being pretty snarky. It’s just that…when people have been begging for certain things, writing a post that says, ‘I can make those things, do you think I should ?’ is kinda…self-serving, as I view it. If you really wanna go that route, go ahead and do it, and post the results, instead of criticizing the pros’ version and saying you can do better…before  you admit that you haven’t tried even once yet. (sigh)


Instead, I can tell you of our Fun With Taxes ! We got a note a couple weeks back from the IRS, informing us that they couldn’t find our 2008 submission. Crud. We couldn’t either. So we had to do ‘em again. Glad we mostly used our check card for purchases and electronic payments for utilities and services. Since we also have no record of a deposit – and we qualified for a refund – it’s possible that with the surgery I had that year, it got pushed aside and forgotten. Not sure if we’ll get the refund, but at least we’re square with the IRS now.


But that takes tons of time and a lot of mental heavy lifting. And we still hadn’t quite finished the 2010 version. So we worked on both for most of the weekend and finished shortly after lunch today…but Beloved wanted to wait a bit before we went out to mail ‘em. Dearest Son had earned a  treat, and we were able to get an ‘online order in-store pickup’ of his latest pirate ship at the closest CapitalCity TRU. Much cheaper than eBay, and he had it today !


So we left at 4:30. Enough time to get to the PO near TRU…except they closed at 4:30. We ended up driving all the way back to CurrentTown to mail it from there…at 4:58pm. They locked the door behind the two customers that entered with us. Yikes. And it really wouldn’t have been a tragedy if we’d been five minutes later, but I’m still glad we were on time.


From there, it was back to TRU ! And the in-store pickup worked like a charm. They had it ready to go with my name on it and even bagged up already. Dearest was thrilled. Beloved was less thrilled that I still wanted to peek at the Monster High aisle, but seriously, did he expect anything different ? (grin) And, aside from a bin of greyscale Skull Shores Frankie dolls ( $17. now), they had nothing new. Just more regular Skull Shores dolls. I think Beloved harbored a small worry that I’d find the $80. School playset he promised me last year, and we really didn’t have the cash for that. Little did he know that even if I’d found Toralei’s outfit – that I only want for the glasses and t-shirt – I would have smiled and said, ‘Maybe next time’. But I was spared even that. Yaaay.


Made a nice dinner, and now I’m ready to relax. Too bad I’m falling asleep again. Ah, well. Maybe I’ll make an early night of it…or some MH pants. Seems a pair of black pleated toreadors would look chic with Rochelle’s issue blouse…

No comments:

Post a Comment