Friday, April 13, 2012

I still have *yards* of that lace...


Current Mood : Total crap.



Today was kind of rough. Seemed like I couldn’t say anything without upsetting anyone, so I decided that I’d say as little as possible. Then I overheard FIL and Beloved Hubby commenting what a peaceful, nice day it’d been. (sigh) It’s probably not connected, but it still kinda hurt a little.


Earlier, when Dearest Son kept showing me things he wanted on eBay, I reminded him so many times that he’ll get to choose something for self-starting his long-delayed homework (a report on diesel engines), that he started to add it to the ‘Want’ spiel himself. He finally got started – with Beloved helping, despite it being his rule that Dearest needed to start the work himself – and showed it to me, exclaiming, ‘See ! I proved you wrong !’.


I kinda tried to forget, since today was a big day in Monster High. Read the ‘missing’ book chapter, and edited two images for some LiveJournal members who couldn’t see them. At least I made someone happy today.


I’d put several ‘need to get these outta the way’ little projects in my way, so I got those done. Don’t really need three more short zippers, but the outgrown pants Dearest destroyed weren’t good for much else. Even the fabric was shot. Finally got that Ribbon Dancer ironed and stored, and moved a few things around in the Arena to better accommodate Vision, my laptop. Yaay.


But my day still kept progressing from crap to crappier, and the thunderstorm was pretty, but it made everything as dark as my mood. And the Escape From Skull Shores special didn’t record. Darn. So, I ended up sewing upset. I simply didn’t know what else to do. I’d cut out the altered pattern for the collared dress Wednesday, but had been too busy to get it started.  Worked up pretty well, still a bit too short. Had to sew the skirt closure twice, and it’s still a bit off, but not too awful. Not too bad, it used to be a man's shirt. I just can’t tell if Rochelle is happy with it – it’s not exactly ‘her’ color – or is wondering why she suddenly has to go from ‘Scaris’ couture to my ‘JC Penney at best' styling.


Ah, well. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope so. 

2 comments:

  1. I just love those Bee Girl heels!

    I hear the weather's supposed to be bad again tonight. I managed to miss the special, too. I think it'll be up on the net pretty soon though, so I'm trying not to get too mad at myself for just plain forgetting about it.

    Hope tomorrow's better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you didn't get a chance to watch it here is Skull Shores on YouTube. :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohIN5I3nyiw

    ReplyDelete