Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sucker for good potato chips !


Current Mood : Ticked off but resigned.

Current Image Notes : We actually went back there today for more chips ! Lol.


Another Thursday, another Monster High episode ! While I'm still ticked that Lagoona and Gil's relationship got such an uneventful 'so here we are !' resolution in Fright On!, of course I'm still gonna watch the webisodes. I just hope they get out of Nefera and the were-cats soon, I honestly don't care about the lot of 'em.


In other news - a few weeks ago, the much-maligned-here Angelic Dreamz doll and collectable store offered possibly the first 'Skull Shores' Monster High dolls that weren't marked up sky-high on eBay. By the time I knew about it, they were all long since sold out, but I put my name on the waiting list for Gil. The ads were updated to show a November release, but I really hadn't expected them to be in today !


So they e-mailed me, but they were long-since sold out again. And by 'long since', I mean in between the hour they sent the message and the hour I noticed, they were all gone. And by 'all', I mean just Gil. The girls were all still available.


I was a little disappointed, but also a bit relieved. Gil had been marked up from $20. to $25. - again, just Gil - and shipping was over $10. Much as I'd love to have him, and even though some folk have $107. to spend for him on eBay, I just can't see spending $35. for a $15. retail doll.


Especially now. Winter is always our hardest season, and it's been brutal cold already. Last night was the first hard frost, and DFIL was having trouble paying the power bill (cutoff notice). So guess who had to do that ? (sigh) Hopefully that won't repeat this winter...and hopefully there'll soon be plenty of Gils at TRUs, Targets, and Mal-Warts in time for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment