Monday, November 14, 2011

It's just not Ghoulia's week !


Current Mood : Better

McRib Count : 5 (yesterday)



Urggh. Had an off-and-on tummyache since last night - which is why this and yesterday's entries were late. It was all written and ready to go, but I hadn't finished editing the image yet, and couldn't stay upright long enough to get it done. I was in bed by 9pm and slept through the night. Woke up today at normal time, ate a bite of breakfast...and got a pitching tummy for the trouble. Add a darn near repeat tonight, but I had the image done, just didn't have the 'get up and go' to get it done. 


Some rest got me to rights, but by lunchtime, my stomach was roiling again, and this time, I hadn't eaten anything... but I had to, because my prescriptions all have 'take with food' stickers. I've learned to not ignore that advisory. Also the 'drink lots of water' one, although that one takes a while longer to kick in. I was able to eat a bit of cheese, then had a quick bite of lunch and felt better. Two hours later... I ended up taking some generic Milk of Magnesia, which should tell you how bad off I was. I won't swallow that swill unless I am truly in pain desperate.


So, as a result, I got nothing done today. I'd meant to iron my new pattern - I cut all the S pieces yesterday - so I could scan it. I like to iron them, it doesn't take long, the iron's on low heat, and this one is full of shape-altering wrinkles. I'd also planned on doing laundry, so it doesn't get so far behind this time. (sigh)


About all I did get done was clearing out and throwing away the Monster High Fearleader set's box liner, after getting all I wanted out of it. Oh, and breaking a doll. Arrrgh. I noticed the 'Super Fan' Ghoulia had a black paint mark on her finger, about half the size of a pinhead, so I thought to swap that hand with the Physical Deaducation's one, since I've decided to keep Fan instead.


For some reason, the wrist posts seemed incompatable, taking much more of an effort to remove and reinstall than usual, so I decided to return the hands to the original dolls. I was working on PhysDead's - now I was having a bit of trouble getting the original hands back on ! - when, snap ! Her arm bent at the elbow, and popped right off, leaving the post inside her upper arm. Growlmutterwhine. I can probably glue it back, but it'll always be weak there, and I certainly can't trade or sell her. Ah, well. I may make her a fitting doll, and keep her on the Sewing / Computer arena with short-haired DracuLaura.


It's just not a good week for Ghoulia !

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been having tummy troubles. They are never any fun. Poor Ghoulia! I did something similar a few months back with my Harley Ken. It makes me feel like a bad mommy! LOL

    ReplyDelete