Sunday, November 6, 2011

I think I used my 'extra' hour to sleep - as usual !


Current Mood : So tired...

McRib Count : 4



I survived the 11/11 Earthquake ! Seriously, last night, while we were watching another silly RedBox movie, Beloved Hubby and I heard an odd noise. Sort of like a train rushing, but no train horn, and much too close to be the local late-night freight. Also, no tornado sirens. We looked at each other... as the house began to sway. Earthquake ! We rode it out - it only lasted about ten or fifteen seconds - then made sure everyone was OK. It woke up Dearest Son, who was more freaked out than scared, but it was over, we'd escaped damage, and the rest of the neighborhood was fine, too. Still, it was an unusual experience, and I felt dizzy and disoriented until I fell asleep.


Not sure if this affects anyone but me, but I'm still gonna put this out there - if you've been saving points for freebies over on DesignsBySiCK.com, they're scrapping the whole program tomorrow. It's 'use 'em or lose 'em' time, so head over soon. If you're unfamiliar, SiCK is a machine embroidery design site, one I used to really enjoy visiting. Probably spent about $50. there, back when we had money, mostly a dollar at a time during sales. I was over there nearly constantly, until one member seemed to really take a dislike to me, and followed me on the forums, trying to pick fights and basically taking issue with everything I dared type. Whatever. I didn't wanna fight, so I quit posting.


Eventually, I quit going completely, since without the forum, fewer designs I liked and rapidly shrinking rewards, I simply wasn't interested anymore. Soon discovered that I didn't really miss them that much, and I didn't have the funds for it anyway. I did, however, still have points, enough to buy one last embroidery design set. Did that today, and figured I'd best pass along the word, just in case.


I also sneakily used my latest survey money ($3.) on a design from Embroidery Library, on one of their sales. I say I'm sneaky because their sale offered 40% off any selections, then they send an e-mail good for four more designs for free, my choice. Well, I only had four designs I wanted, but I soon found a miniature I liked, so I selected the most expensive design, applied the 40% off, and bought it for $2.99. And I got the code for four more for free. So I basically got five designs for $3., which is pretty darn good. Even if I am being a bit sneaky.


Went on safari in the shed to find my rotary cutting mat. And I'm really frustrated because I packed the crappy old one and the better new one separately, since I knew it'd cost $30. to replace them. Of course, I can't find either one. ARrrrgh. Instead, I found a favorite clock, the two boxes of DVDs, a pencil cup (need one, with my new Sewing /  Computer arena configuration), and some kitchen stuff we needed. Also labelled boxes, and filled an empty one with Barbie cases. I'd been meaning to do that. Re-stacked the boxes and got it a bit more in order in there. By then, I needed a nap ! 


Instead, I set up the printer where my thread boxes were, and put the thread boxes where the printer was. Printer cable we had was too short, and $25. for a longer one would have to be put off for a while longer. If I'm gonna start sewing again soon, I kinda need a printer, since nearly all my patterns are digital. And I like to scan my efforts and new goodies, too. I already knew that the printer, placed on top of the thread boxes, fit just fine, I just didn't like having stuff stacked that high over my head, or having to dig to get to my thread. A simple swap solved all the problems, and I'd found the paper and trays earlier. With that done, I was really getting weary...


But Beloved fell asleep after lunch, so I let him rest instead. I didn't completely abandon my selfish ways, oh, no. I watched Mystery Science Theater on YouTube, and finished cleaning my arena. I'm worn out, but it was a great day !


Hope your Sunday was special, too !

No comments:

Post a Comment