Saturday, November 5, 2011

A fat bottomed girl went riding today...(humming some Queen, slightly altered)


Current Mood : Worried, but tidier. 



Yesterday was so bitter cold and windy, I didn't get to ride my new bike. But today was much nicer, so I did. I'm still only riding for maybe five minutes, but it's heavenly. I rode 'til I got tired, maybe six or seven blocks. Not great, but not bad for someone with my challenges, I think !  I confess, I got nervous around the parked cars, and making a U-turn still freaks me out a bit, but I'm getting better with time and experience. Having the mini oxygen tank in the front basket throws the balance off a bit, but not as much as my hyper-scared over-reactions do. I have much too much fear of falling still.


I actually made my bag of potato chips last three days, but shared 'em with my guys today, while watching a Redbox Thor rental, and that was the end of that ! I'm kinda proud of me, because I used to be an 'eat it 'til it's gone' kind of snacker. A bag of potato chips lasting that long for most of my life meant I was sick, somehow had even better food in the house, or had a sudden vacation. Fact is, I eat better now, and don't get nearly as hungry, even though my appetite has come roaring back. I just try harder to limit it to meals, and have some snack-veggies around, like cauliflower.


My sewing / computer arena was still trashed from Halloween, so when things got quiet and sleepy around here about mid-afternoon, I started cleaning up. One of my craft totes lost its lid during the move - probably caught some wind and blew off, never to be seen again - and I've been contemplating asking Beloved Hubby to make me a sort of replacement lid from some scrap plywood or something, since I hate to have that stuff exposed to wind, dirt, feet, and people mistaking it for a trash bin (sigh).


But Beloved already has enough on his shoulders. At least he's spared from me asking to reserve four $35. 'Sweet 1600' dolls (plus shipping) from Angelic Dreamz. Things are snug enough now that I won't ask to go to TRU for the next couple of weeks. I actually had more fun giving Dearest Son one of my Ghoulias than I have looking for Abbey, so it's time for a break. And time for me to give him one. I still want a replacement tote lid, but I think I'll make it from fabric and elastic instead of bothering him about wood. Heavens know I have tons of great sewing prints - or fashion or stars themes ! - to choose from . Since it took me all day to reset my arena, I hope to get the measurements tonight, and get it started tomorrow. Wish me luck (and I'm serious here, I'm gonna need it !) finding my rotary cutting mat...

1 comment: