Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Look what I got !


Current Mood : Excited !


I got a bit of a surprise today - my bicycle arrived a bit early ! We ordered it a couple weeks ago, Ship-to-Store Mal-Wart, and it was in at 10am at the Neighborhood Market. We were there within the hour, and a half-hour after that, Beloved Hubby had it assembled and ready. I'd already asked my Dr. about it, and she's fine with my new wheels.


Mine looks just like that, cream-colored tires, drink holder, and all. Wow. Isn't it gorgeous ? Mine had a scratch or two from shipping, but everything else was perfect. Well, it was missing the screw that attached the front fender to the frame, but we found one that works. Other than that, she's just what I wanted - a fantastic adult women's one-speed, coaster-brake bicycle ! I finally have the bike I've wanted since my original one-speed coaster-brake women's bike (that I got the Christmas I was 12 !) was sold by my parents while I was overseas, even though I'd told them I intended to use that bike in college. Had to buy a crappy three-speed from my Uncle's pawn shop, and I hated that thing.


I admit, I couldn't ride it very much today, and I was pretty wobbly getting started, but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow. It rides like a dream ! It's funny that the advertising hang-tag on the handlebars says you'll wonder why you quit riding a bike, because I had such fun, I really was thinking that ! I'm hoping to build up my strength week by week, maybe before it gets too cold, to possibly make short trips to the convenience store a couple blocks over, or maybe downtown.


We also discovered the local Aldi's - actually, I knew where it was, I 'let' Beloved discover it ! - and went in. Their "Clancy's" potato chips are superb ! Like Lay's used to be, when they had smaller, local plants and could use thinner-sliced potatoes. Now they just have big regional plants, so the chips have to be thicker to survive nationwide shipping. But these were excellent. I really had to watch m'self, or I'd have eaten through the whole bag.


They also had a small display of toys, which Dearest Son gleefully went through. I saw the small collection of Barbie princess dolls and smirked a little, since I still feel so 'over' Barbie these days. Beside them, though, were a few Monster High dolls - a couple 'Dead Tired' girls, but mostly Frankie and DracuLaura 'Day at the Maul' dressed versions. Each ten bucks. Dearest sparked a bit at the DT Ghoulia, which surprised me. While he has a Frankie and a DLaura, he never showed much interest in Ghoulia before. I told him I had that doll already (and I was looking at the DT Frankie m'self), and would be glad to give her to him, no problem. Actually, DT Ghoulia was in the 'trade/sell' pile already, I just needed to re-dress her. So I did when we got home, making sure she had shoes and glasses. Ghoulia's now driving the Jem Rockin' Roadster, so I think she'll be happy next door with Dearest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment