Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spoiled Rotten !


Current Mood : Joyful (Consumer high)


As you may have guessed from yesterday's rant-fest, Beloved Hubby had to work after all, so we didn't get to go out. But we made up for it today ! Beloved, Dearest Son, and I each have a generous 'Christmas Budget' to spend as we please, whatever we want, it's all our holiday gifts to each other. Our first stop was Big Lots, which actually had Monster High dolls. Just not one single outfit. Not the old 'Fear Uniforms' ones and certainly not the new ones everyone else keeps finding. (sigh) Skunked !


I did better at Hobby Lobby. They had three copies of Simplicity #1955, so I was happy. And while touring the store, Beloved made a great find. I was all set to pay $32. (minus the 40% off coupons I had in my pocket, one for me, one for him) for an Olfa rotary cutting board - hey, they were cheaper than Hancock Fabrics. And I already knew how well Olfas held up. However, on our way to the sewing section by way of the art one, he found some *nice* self-healing cutting boards, big ones (18" x 24") - for just $15. ! I opened one resealable end, and they had good texture, too. Like the Olfas, they'd grip the fabric a bit, to aid in getting a precise cut. Cooool...


So we got two of them, since Beloved's art projects also frequently require a good cutting surface - at just $9. each with the coupons. Wow. I was all set to spend $20. for just mine ! And now, I have no. More. EXCUSES ! Time to sew !


But not quite yet. After a great lunch, I really went nutz at ToysRUs. From now on, you won't hear me kvetch over whether or not to get the Monster High Fearleader set anymore - it's already been got. I also picked up another Fearleader outfit, so I'd have the whole team. This is especially important, now that this week's webisode shows them all getting thrown out. My sense of timing is always something to behold.


Still, I'd long since fallen in love with Ghoulia in that group, and since I fully intend to have her Comic Club outfit eventually, I had to have the Fearleader one. Y'see, the blouse Ghoulia wears under her jacket on the Fearleader doll matches the tiny hemline swatch of it on the white skirt she has for Comic Club. I really think this is a plot by Mattel - but I fell for it, and as soon as I have Comic Club, I'll be satisfied and all happy about it !


I also went ahead and got the only sold-separately outfit I didn't already have, Clawdeen's soccer one. I never bought it before since I hated the shoes. Still do, but with all the MH sports / team wear I have now, it'll be nice to have the tank top and shorts. And it's plentiful here, at least it is now. On eBay, the old outfits are listed at $20. and up. And since I 'saved' $11. on my rotary cutting surface...


So there went about half my budget. Gonna save the rest for Comic Club, Gil, and maybe Abbey Bominable. Abbey's beyond my reach on eBay and every other place that sells MH. Heck, TRU and the Mattel Store don't even list her as 'sold out' on their sites, she's simply not there at all. I can get the Comic Club outfit if I don't mind paying $21. - and that's the cheapest one I can find ! For a $9. outfit, too. Tsk. At least it includes delivery...


I don't mean to be down. I'm not - I got new dolls and new doll clothes, and what I need to get off my butt and behind KJ, who, I'm sure misses me as much as a sewing machine can miss a person. It's just really frustrating to want for months and never find, even when ya got money. I mean, seriously, how often does that happen ? Ah, like it matters in le grande scheme du things. I got less than some, more than most, and I'm happy. Can't buy that !


Although sometimes you can buy stuff you like - when you can find it ! (grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment