Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I got sooo much done today !


Current Mood : Weary, but not from work. Extended family stuff. (sigh)



Last night's mega-storm was so fierce, it blew raindrops in, almost horizontally, through the single window I had open. I'm so weird, I thought it was delightful, tiny splashes of cool water on my face while the rest of me is under a light sheet. What can I say, I get hot easily. Luckily, Beloved Hubby prefers to burrow in his sleep. That's why we have one fitted sheet and two flat ones ! One side of the bed always has a much heavier blanket than the other one, too.


While that was fun, the fact that the same storm soaked the two DVD boxes under the porch wasn't. The boxes were too waterlogged to move, so Dearest Son and I got all the movies in, one stack at a time. Not one disc was wet, but the more cardboard the packaging contained, the more wet it was. And we do like packaging. Some of the regular ones got the box labels wet, too. So I spent the morning opening them all, pushing the 'bone dry' ones to the side, and drying the rest as much as I could with a bath towel. I had a video Stonehenge on the kitchen table, of boxes with half-wet liners pulled half out, and folding cardboard envelopes unfolded to get the most air.


I gave some thought to DVD storage while watching an MST3K episode. We're already terribly crammed for space, but I know everyone would like to have our movies where we could get to them... Gave Dearest all the 'kid' movies, since his room has built-in shelves, and he already had some in there.


Decided to empty the 'shoe box', an old Rubbermaid tote we kept various shoes in before. Most had been in there so long, I wasn't sure what fit - or even what was actually in the bottom of it. So I emptied it, tossed three single shoes and a pair of outgrown Dearest sneakers, and found places for the ones we're likely to wear. The remaining good pairs went into an empty box, and got stored in the shed.


The Rubbermaid got washed out, dried out, and put to use as DVD storage. They all fit in there, and if you don't mind shuffling a bit, you can get to them all. I made sure to put the ones we're less likely to want to see on the bottom, of course ! That took up a lot more time than it should, but it's done.


I also consolidated two bathroom boxes into one smaller one (stuff we'll use) and one bigger one (storage). Been meaning to do that, and clean the gunk puddle that was under the microwave - ick. The microwave's been relocated since last week, but no one cleaned up the... whatever that was, and it was grossing me out. So I got that done.


I also got tired of using 'canned' finds from Google Image Searches for this, so I took a photo - yaaay ! I've really missed doing that. The little 'seat' Lagoona's on is one of those wooden massager-thingies. I remember buying my cousin one about twenty years ago, when they were about $20. at The Body Shop, and they didn't come with smiley faces embossed in them. Or showed up in plastic at Dollar Tree. Not sure where this one came from, it just appeared in our bedroom a week ago. And now, it's a freaky seat. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy day for sure! And I love Lagoona's new seat!

    ReplyDelete