Saturday, August 29, 2015

Yeah, I really should have ironed it. . .



(wry grin) Learned something interesting about new DP&M Punzie – she really never got played with. Since she was on the Arena table, I used her to paper-fit a pattern I was noodling around with, and I can barely raise her arms. Her elastic-strung joints are that tight. The ones I’ve bought used (Belle, Tia, Aurora) have more relaxed shoulder joints that allow their arms to go out somewhat, not just up and down and around. Merri and Punzie are much more stiff, and they creak, too. Poor doll. Hardly ever played with (which is obvious when the crown is still attached) but had demolished hair anyway. 


As for today, well. . . don’t ask me why I’m snurfling around looking for more patterns for doll clothes when I have thousands if not millions, and I have projects and untouched patterns up to my hips, each clamoring for attention with the devotedness of a feeling-neglected housecat. Spent a good chunk of the latest hours altering a printout (the one I was sizing with Punzie), and still downloaded four more, and hey, I’m almost to the bottom of that Pinterest page. . .


Or why I just couldn’t wait to get to Dollar Tree today, unless it was that we had a few bucks. Snagged a package of three small tote bags, a packet of 32 heart-shaped faceted faux gems, a pretty, slightly glittery black hand-fan that wouldn’t look out of place in the background of a budget Jane Austen adaptation, two bags of Frozen candy, two shades of pink t-shirt for Dearest Son’s ‘commissioned’ doll dress, a jar of pickles, and a bag of cheese popcorn. I was just crazy ! 


As for him, Dearest must also have been feelin’ the cray-cray, as he spent $5. of his own money there, mostly on treats, but he got a pack of MLP trading cards that came with stickers. So he was pretty happy.


I didn’t stop my wild spending spree there, though. Snagged three more keychain embroidery designs while they were on sale – got the two ‘heart’ ones for my cardiologists and crew, and a ‘snowglobe’ one, and hope to try out all three this week. My ‘fun money’ arrives Tuesday, and I’m hoping either Hancock Fabrics or JoAnn’s has some good red vinyl, that’s all I need for the keychains I wanna make for the cardiac crew at the VA. Hoping I won’t have to order it, but I have plenty of time in case, before my next appointment. 


Even with the 25% off discount, I spent a fair amount of my weekly funds – woulda spent 90% of it without the sale ! – but long as there’s still a bit of a jingle, you know I’m gonna spend it somehow. Another site is having a 50% off sale, and I’ve already marked my choices. Just don’t wanna spend the whole thing in one day, but I had to hop on those keychains, sale only lasts through tomorrow. So, by Monday, I’m broke again, with new inspiration – and I’ll have some more for fun on Tuesday !


As night fell, and we all went to our own amusements after dinner, I decided I had to sew something or I’d go nutz. Nutzier. Whatever. While that fichu pattern from Jen Wrenne’s latest download looked a bit iffy, I found m’self wanting to make something lacy. It’s in her Week 4 free pattern bunch – theme is antique French dolls and their stuff. Pulled out some plain white cotton and some likely lace and went to it. While the design was made for AG dolls who are a bit larger across the shoulders, it came out better than expected, but I think I’ll shorten the next one a bit. I’m sure it’d look fantastic layered over a big ballgown, but I don’t make many of those. 


And, yeah, I really should have ironed it. I’d do that now, but that’s the one disadvantage to having our wall-mounted ironing board in the living room – both Beloved and Dearest are napping in there !

No comments:

Post a Comment