Tuesday, May 7, 2013

When your fandom includes an incredible wash of relief, maybe it's not too good for ya...


Current Mood : Relieved ! 




The SDCC MH doll has been semi-announced...
and I don't want one !! Whoo-hoo ! 
While it’s good to get your main  ‘me’ day task completed by noon, a hinked back will go on for a long while past that. Yeah, I kinked m’self this morning, after getting an urgent wild hair to get all the doll stuff in our bedroom closet and all the craft stuff in the hall closet. It was kinda half and half since we moved here, as it was your classic ‘find spaces for all this stuff before we run out of room !’ sort of move. While most of my craft stuff is in the Arena, the lace /ribbon /trims cabinet was too tall, and it got shoved into the bedroom closet, soon surrounded by doll stuff and memory stuff. More than once, I woke Beloved Hubby ‘cause I needed to dig something out for a project. Suddenly, I had to change that, and when better on a day I’d be by m’self ?


I wasn’t even trying to lift the plastic cabinet – it’s not even that heavy, I can pick it up – just scootle it over so I could get the stack of doll stuff in where it now belonged. But I yanked something just the same, and even lying down complaining didn’t fix it right away. Walking it off was a stupid idea in PE class thirty years ago, and it did no good today, either. Two ibuprofen, a handful of Cheetos, and some trash TV…there’s the stuff !


Combining clothes and props by doll size freed up a good box - which now holds random plastic bowls and lids in a cabinet I didn’t use much. I could just barely reach the bowl pyramid where I had it, but now I can dig through and find what I want much easier. And since I clean and save most plastics that come our way, they were starting to overfill the space. Nice that today’s efforts benefit everyone, because, with the closet doors closed, ya can’t tell I did anything at all, all day !


Oooh, hot gossip ! The San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) exclusive has been semi-revealed, with a full reveal promised next Wednesday (5/15). Skip to the next paragraph now if you don’t wanna know. Everybody else – highlight the next sentence, it includes a link to read it for yourself. It’s Windowna, the spider-girl Mattel showed last year, to much excitement and no further mention – save for a brief glimpse in one of the comic books that came with either Wonder Wolf or Polterghoul. It’s already been noted that there will be no post-SDCC releases, like on the Matty Collector site, like there have been for any ‘leftovers’ for the last two years. People is pizzzzzed ! Read it all – but the pizzzed - here .


I’m so relieved. Every year I’m afraid it’s gonna be something incredible I can’t resist, like Slow-Me-o and Ghouliet, and can’t get. While I know how the fans feel, I am so glad it’s not my fondest desire, I could almost dance. 


I'm not the best kinda person, ya know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment