Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Howleen !


Current Mood : Improving a bit...




Maybe I can lose my little funk by crafting. Making all those bags was oddly satisfying, and I can do a lot more. I was looking over my dolls – now down to 45 from 50 – wondering what to make next when I realized that Howleen was still wearing her Fearleader shoes. I’d been idly wondering if crafting fold-over booties out of my felt stash would look more like boots than the taller ones, and figured, why not try ? I hadn’t made any of those felt boots for her slightly smaller feet, but the ‘pattern’ is adjustable. Basically, I hold felt to the doll’s feet, trace, then sew on the traced lines. Doesn’t work well on fabric with no stretch, but felt and fleece have just enough.


Unfortunately, the ‘boots’ still look like really thick socks. Or slippers. Maybe fleece would work better. But I’m happy with how they look and fit, so I’m gonna keep practicing with various fabrics  until I get it ‘right’. Even though, in my own mind, they’re right enough right now !

No comments:

Post a Comment