Thursday, May 9, 2013

At least the insides of the closets are fairly neat...


Current Mood : Worn out !




Ya’ll are gonna laugh at me, but guess what I spent an hour doing today ? Fitting that ribbon/ lace/ zippers cabinet under my desk, so now, truly, all my craft supplies (read : junk !) are in one place, under my Arena desks, in easy reach. More or less. The misc. fabric tote is a bit harder to reach, and the ‘guys fabric’ cube is still my nightstand, but it’s all good for now. Finally, I am content. I have hopes that Beloved Hubby’s big tool box can fit in the hall closet now, but it may be something I end up doing m’self later. Exams week is nearly upon us, and today’s labors have me wheezing.


Still, it feels so good to have everything finally where I want it. And winnowed down to where I can get to it all ! There’s still some dolls and other items I need to sell, and I’ll feel even better when they’re gone…but so far, my Spring Cleaning has been a major success !


Not a lot else going on, so I thought I’d share my answer to a query on an MH message board – whether you own ‘em or not, who are your top ten MH dolls ? I’m beyond lucky, I have all mine, so here they are. The top five are my ‘cold dead hands’ dolls, the other five switch in and out, and are always subject to change !


#1 Fan Ghoulia – her wistful expression just gets me, every time.

Signature Cupid – a gift from a friend, lips repainted as an anniversary gift from my Beloved Hubby – perfection.

HooDude VooDoo– he makes me smile every day.

Gil Webber– his sculpt is flat-out amazing and detailed. And he reminds me how lucky I am.

Dawn of the Dance Deuce – I paid too much for him, but I have zero regrets. He’s just awesome.

Scaris  Cleo – so gorgeous.

Gloom Beach Clawdeen – the purple streak gives her great color and a romantic expression.

Signature Frankie – you always return to the classics.

Signature Abbey – an original, from toes to corona.

Signature Lagoona – such a beautiful sweetheart.


That said, I’m capping my MH collection at 50 dolls. That’s what I have now, and they’re just barely manageable. I will add at least four to the collective sometime this year. So, this weekend, I’m going through and de-selecting a few more. Wish us all luck !


Darn spring cleaning….

1 comment:

  1. Ghoulia is my fave MH character and I'm limiting myself on her. I have a couple that are heading out the door. My collection may be @ 30 but that's being reduced as we speak. I'm so happy that I don't love them all :O)

    ReplyDelete