Monday, May 13, 2013

I wonder if HH can wear Barbie clothes...? And if I can salvage that desk !


Current Mood : Excited !




While I hate to steal images, I’m gonna cop out and say ‘at least I stole from scalpers’. While we’ve never seen it from Mattel, and had to use eBay for news, I’m glad for any way I get to see the Headless Headmistress set. I’m happy with it – it looks great, and I can’t wait to get mine. It’s a good thing I don’t have a hundred bux plus $30. shipping !  Wonder if I can scavenge that cardboard desk, it looks really cool…


Looked ‘Fronti nulla fides’ up, just to make sure it wasn’t package testing gibberish. Turns out, it’s Latin for ‘No reliance can be placed on apperance’. Yup. Ms. Bloodgood hit us with ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’, just like a real educaton maven. I really am excited about her doll now !


Decided to spend a little time on Baby Belle today. And I can tell you that ‘Magic Eraser’ cleaners – at least, the Dollar Tree knockoff ones – will fade ink stains on dolls, and scrub off some grime, but they don’t even come close to removing markers and ink like the boxes say. It’s OK, though. It somehow seems ‘right’ that a Belle doll, even a baby one, would have inkstains on her right hand. Maybe her feet, too, but those are covered by shoes now. They got a lot more grime off my Arena desk and a pair of Charmin Chatty shoes I intend to eBay soon. While they didn’t work as well on Belle as I’d hoped, the DTree ‘magic eraser’ sponges are still worth the buck, and I still have half of the package left.


Took the rubber band off her bangs, and they’re staying mostly down, so hopefully I won’t have to do another boil rinse to them. Not sure if I wanna cut them to her eyebrows or leave the little curls alone. With the clear elastic band down on her face, she looks like she has an oxygen cannula, I just have to push it under her nose for the full effect. After the next rain, I’ll see if I can take the band off completely – her bangs tend to lift up when there’s a lot of moisture in the air.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you could make a desk at least that good with some vector artwork. Printing the pieces sized to fit a cardboard desk prop would be pretty easy, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete