Saturday, May 11, 2013

Clawdia, waiting for the call.


Current Mood : Lazy. 




Enjoying a nice, easy day, wondering where my creative Muse went for vacation this year. Hope it’s someplace nice, and it comes back with a suitcase fulla stuff I suddenly can’t wait to do. I am utterly lazy and sort of bereft these days, and I don’t know why.


Snagged the issue gear to Roller Maze Clawdeen – everything but the doll – from an online friend, which arrived today. I love it ! Well, I’m not much for all the spikes on the skates and helmet, but the dress is gorgeous on Clawdia, and I love the colors. About the only RM issue outfit I don’t have is Abbey’s, and that’s mostly because I haven’t found it cheaper than just buying the doll, in stock for $13. at the local Target. I greedily want at least one of all the dresses in that line, and as many of the skates as my finances can gobble up for me !


I also bought something off eBay that I hoped would spur on some creativity – it should have, it’s awesome ! A whole set of bags (two sizes) and boxes (both one and two pieces) designed for MH dolls ! Remember how I really wanted the Scaris TRU two-pack, in part because I loved Lagoona and Cleo’s shopping bags ? Those designs, and loads more, are part of the set ! I made a few, in greyscale on copy paper, and they came out great. Hafta show you a photo of them. It’s actually full color, designed for card stock, but they look just fine in paper and all greys. Well worth the four bucks, and it’s a digital download, so you get ‘em instantly. You can see ‘em here. I’m thinking that I can erase some of those ‘skullettes’ and substitute fun things like ‘Rue Your Youth’ and ‘Deadlight Donuts’, for kicks. And maybe put more ‘shield’ logos in there, I kinda get sick of the bow-skull all the time. Next time we have a few minutes at the library, I hope to print out a few from their color laser printer. I love ours, it’s so precise, but it’s a black-and-greyscale only Brother.


Think I’ll go read a few doll magazines, see if I find some inspiration in there…

No comments:

Post a Comment