There was an error in this gadget

Monday, November 19, 2012

I gotta say, Abbey makes this look better than it is !


Current Mood : Kinda floaty



Kind of a slow day today – it was a lot like yesterday. Made a temporary seat cover for my chair, so we’ll see how long it lasts. Dollar Tree had some holiday-themed tie-ons, and I hope to snag one soon. Of course, it won’t stay that way for long – I’d take it apart and remake it with fabric I like better !


I also found the test I made for Bard’s Tacky Wax. Yikes. Both the thin smear and the wad left visible ‘grease marks’ on the paper, even with most of the stuff scraped away. I still think it works great, but don’t use it on anything paper – like the MH floors, walls, or the odd kinda ledge in the classroom. If it’ll grease up copy paper, there’s a good chance it’ll do the same to the stickers and cardboard there.


Beloved Hubby made an interesting discovery – Netflix went from one season of Law & Order : Criminal Intent to eight seasons of the original ! So I got to listen to episodes while I sewed. It took me longer to decide what to sew than actually sew, since there’s so many projects I want to start. I’ve kind of put off HooDude because – cue the ‘loser horns’ from Price is Right – I don’t like the felt I bought. (insert horns  here) It’s thinner in spots and, while the colors are spot-on, I don’t imagine that blue’s gonna look good if you can see the stuffing through it. However, I found the unbleached muslin, so I may try to sew a pony soon.


I tried to push m’self into trying the shrunk-down Ken Blazer pattern, but I simply wanted more space before I started another guy project. Remembered I hadn’t tried the pattern that came free with the third NG Creations MH set, an empire-waist dress that kinda looked more like the ghouls’ lined short-sleeved shirt pattern from her first set, with a skirt added. Which it more or less is. I’ve liked her freebies – made bunches with the other two – so decided to give this one a go.


Made several mistakes. The skirt part is a cut-off scrap from the second MH box project, and really is too thick for anything that has to be gathered. But I used it anyway, since it was about the right size, and the scrap bits box has been kinda full lately. And I got the armholes wrong on the bodice, one is visibly bigger than the other. Which made the whole thing hang off-center, darn it. Next time, I’m gonna measure it *before* I try a fitting when I’m nearly done. Still, it worked out OK, so I’ll try it again with better fabric.


In fact, I have something I want to try…

No comments:

Post a Comment