Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hope you're stuffed !


Current Mood : Fat & Happy


Happy Thanksgiving ! Hope your day was good to you, relaxing, and full of great food. As for us, we had a great main meal, and sat around all day, fat and happy.


You know me, though – that didn’t stand for long ! Too bad it took me so long to decide what to sew that I didn’t have much time to do it. Luckily, Ghoulia’s new jacket didn’t take that long. It’s the View E collarless shrug from Simplicity #1955, ‘small’ size. It’s pretty much designed for Bratz, so I wasn’t sure how it’d fit, but it’s not that bad. It’d probably fit a bit better over a dress or blouse without sleeves, but a bit of tuck in, and it looks pretty good. I like how it give her a suit look ! I had something very similar  a decade or two ago – mostly wore it for interviews and funerals. No glitter on mine, though. Longer skirt, too.


Anyway, if I remember correctly, I got this pattern last year about this time, and tried the jacket with the optional ruffled collar. It came out a bit too big then, so I stitched it up today with scraps from the rag box, figuring I’d figure out how much to take it in if necessary. Don’t think I’ll have to now ! So the next trial will probably have that ruffle, ‘cause I like it. I also wanna try it with gathered lace and other trims. Wish me luck ! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! Things were quiet here too!

    Ghoulia's new outfit looks fabulous! You are putting me to shame with all these new pieces!

    Can't wait to see the next version!

    ReplyDelete