Tuesday, July 1, 2014

May I present... Biergarten Belle !




Belle says, "Celebrate !" 
Happy July, and honestly, I’ll be glad when my birthday, on the first week of it, will be over. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to get all the sweet and thoughtful birthday wishes and be celebrated a bit, but once again Chez Insanity is all stirred up, and with ‘my day’ in the middle of it… let’s just say I’ll be glad when things settle down, no matter whose day it is.


Dearest Son had an appointment today, so Beloved Hubby was home – and he proposed making it a ‘boys time out’ so I could rest up and have some solo time. How thoughtful !  I read a few chapters of Prisoner of Azkaban, grabbed a nice shower, wasted some time on my vanity, and had a quick nap. Too hot to sew, anyway.


I also began to wonder about things again. We’ve been re-watching Jem episodes on Netflix, and I’m consumed with 80s design ideas once more. One thing I wondered – did the Misfits ever figure out that putting Jem and the Holograms in every music video they made didn’t promote them very well ? Why would one musical act agree to be in their rival’s video in the first place, especially if it showed them in an inferior, chased around, lightly abused fashion ? It’d be one thing if they had their own Synergy…


I swear, I can’t help it. I keep thinking Jem is gonna go in a completely different direction every time I see the first episode – but then the Misfits ride into an office complex on guitar-shaped motorcycles with no pedals, no gears, and a verrry thin engine somewhere, and I know it’s gonna be a kiddie ride from there on. It was supposed to be, of course, but I can’t help but see that it could have been more…


And, for what it’s worth, I’d have put the Misfits on real, ape-hanger, sissy bar, black smoke belching Harleys in black, scarlet, acid green, electric blue…


As a sort of post-script, you may remember Belle’s dress – it came on a 25c thrift store porcelain doll, but I claimed it for a LDP Snow White. Well… truth be told, I really didn’t like the all-hard-plastic Snow and re-dressed then re-donated her. And the blouse Belle’s wearing underneath the jumper dress is the one I repaired yesterday. So, yaaay for keepers ! 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Ha ha, Jem was such a guilty pleasure of mine as a kid. Re-watching it as an adult I just shake my head, amazed at how the Misfits didn't end up in jail or something. XD

    ReplyDelete