Friday, July 18, 2014

Did you miss the photos ? They're all yours now !




I sewed – just a little, but I did it ! Once the Arena was all tidied up (still have to really go after a serious cleaning, there’s cat hair everywhere), I cheap-serged the edges of that fruit-slice seersucker I bought a couple weeks ago. Basically, I traded two pair of Mal-Wart knockoff doll shoes that didn’t fit any of my dolls for three yards of that luscious summer print. At $1.50/yd, why not ? Soon it’ll be a simple ‘scrub’ style top, once it’s washed and ready. And I’m sure I’ll find some way to use up any scraps ! Since it seems a bit on the narrow side, I wanted to cheap-serge it so it wouldn’t fray much. And that’s done. Yaay !


I’m also taking pictures again ! This is the grey dress I was working on in between hospitalizations. 


Turned out OK, but it wouldn’t quite fasten at the top, which is when I got all itchy about eyelets. Not much on how the skirt turned out, either, but on the whole, it’s not a total disaster. I can do better on the lacing part, too. Here’s the fun part – it’s completely made from the legs Beloved Hubby cut off a pair of pants to make shorts ! All the stains are on the inside.  Not my best work, but not too shabby, either.


Either way, those photos are blog exclusive now. I haven’t been posting to Flickr in quite some time. In fact, I haven’t posted much there since I kind of resigned from Monster High. That spark will return eventually, but for now…I’m enjoying the DP&M dolls, even if I’m the only one. It satisfies my Fairy Godmother impulses. I mean, the dolls are $60. MSRP, but often go for $40. or less, brand new, and like MH, the clothes are worth more than the dolls. I can get a barely touched Belle on eBay for less than $15. all the time, but try to snag her ball gown separately. $20., if you can find one. (sneaky laugh) I have two…


So you can say – as I often do – that the DP&M dolls are under-appreciated, and that brings out my creative side when I have the energy to sustain it. However, as you may have guessed, I’ve been too ill to create much. So when my birthday came around, and so did this huge lot of DP&M stuff… well, we paid a lot, but got a lot, and a lot of hassle, but it’s here, finally, and I love it all. I now have a selection of tutus and nightgown/robe sets, three pair of ice skates and several pastel pairs of shoes, and even Belle’s red/pink gown and hooded cloak from the ‘Something There’ scene from the movie. And a second Belle doll. That’s how I have two of her yellow gowns. 


I’m very happy with it all, but my seller ranked. Took a week between cashing my funds and shipping the box, put two sheets of wadded up newspaper in on top of the doll so she was covered in ink, box was bashed in on one side…(sigh) I have no regrets buying the lot, or even what I paid – it was less than a third of the retail price for each outfit, and the doll was kind of a freebie – but I could have used a lot less hassle, since it’ll be a looooong time before I spend like that again !



I’ll start posting photos of the bounty, but tomorrow, I’ll show you what Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son ordered for me – it’s awesome. And with our weird weather, I’ve already been using it. 

2 comments:

  1. I just love the look of DP&M Aurora. I wish the Elsa they made in a similar size had a face even half as appealing!

    Enjoying the cooler weather? Or have you guys been getting any of it out there? It's been in the 80's here all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, Aurora has the best face, and yes, I wish like anything they'd used hers for Elsa. IMO, both Frozen dolls in this line are darn near scary !

    I have so loved this weather ! Wish it'd stay, but it was hot here today already. Ah, well. Hope you had a great week with it !

    ReplyDelete