Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This is why I think I’m an idiot...


Current Mood : Thrilled !

Current Image Notes : Click to see about life-size !



Life is sooo good to lil’ ole me. I decided against the Skull Shores five-doll Target exclusive, once and for all. Too expensive, too unnecessary, too many duplicate characters. So I had that $60. tucked away for them to spend any way I wanted !


Since I’d already been to the nearby Mal-Wart just yesterday, I decided to hit Target anyway. Still no SShores, which I didn’t care about now, but they had at least two of each of the ‘Scary Tales’ dolls. They were each lovely…and I held each in my hand and waited for that ‘spark’ that sets a doll on a retail/resale shelf apart from a doll I. Must. Have., it happened. With a Roller Maze Frankie Stein doll, hanging from a pin above them.


Now, I didn’t want that doll, and I already had her skates, helmet, card, and stand. Just yesterday, I culled Dawn of the Dance Frankie and my broken-armed body-swapped SShores Ghoulia, because I had five of each doll, the most duplicates of any character. Beloved Hubby claimed Frankie for his desk, and I wondered if I’d simply replace Ghoulia or not. But…there was just *something* about this Frankie, I couldn’t stop looking at her. How was this Frankie different from the other five I’ve had ? It didn’t make sense, but the spark was there, getting stronger the longer I stood there like an idiot, trying to puzzle it out.


In the end, she and RM Ghoulia went into the basket. I’d wait ‘til we got home to figure out if I was enacting another head swap or not. I still don’t think that hairstyle is a good one for Ghoulia, but I’d know soon enough if it grew on me. A fluffy blue Bratzillaz outfit– also $12.99 – went into the cart, but was returned to the shelves before we left. I make too many outfits that fit better than Bratz ones to shell out enough for a doll for just an outfit. That I’ll still have to alter. If you haven’t seen them, BZillaz are kinda-sorta MH clones, just different enough for MGA to avoid another holy war with Mattel.


I also got to see the full complement of Novi Stars, and allow me to say this – if the MH body is just too big or thick for you, look into Novi Stars ! Tiny ! I’m not sure if their sold-separately outfits would fit any of the MH pets, much less the ghouls. They’d kinda fit in to any MH photo shoot as a background character, but they’re smaller, and their heads are about twice the size of even a Bratz doll’s. They really do look otherworldly, and this is gonna sound strange coming outta me, but they were just too bizarre to really appeal to me. But I still think about them a little.


Picked up a few groceries, but not rice crackers. I prefer the Dollar Tree ones to Target’s ! Dearest Son leveraged this week’s allowance with last’s, and got his first Monster Fighter Lego set. It must’ve looked kinda funny – two monster dolls and a monster fighter building set in the same cart !


From there, I wanted to splurge some more – and we hit the mall ! It was Dearest’s first visit to one, ever. Although I was surprised to learn that the Joann Fabrics advertised was actually in a separate building behind the mall, not attached to it at all. Despite signing up for it twice online, I still haven’t gotten any of the sales brochures, so maybe I’ll feel differently when I know about sales and have coupons, but…today, they seemed really expensive. And I know I’ve been spoiled by Hobby Lobby when a full-size craft store seems…small. I got some fabric quarters for a special doll dress, and signed up for the mailing list again.


Decided to check inside the mall proper – there was a slim possibility that the Justice in there might have something. They didn’t, but Dearest was wildly impressed with our local temple to retail. Even I have to admit they had the nicest bathrooms I’ve ever seen. It was actually fairly crowded in there, which surprised me, but then again, it was already 108 degrees at 11am, with 112 expected four hours later. This was about the only place you could walk for a bit without keeling over from the heat.


We found an empty bench near the soft pretzel place, and had a snack. I can tell you, Dearest’s pepperoni and cheese pretzel was a tasty one – we traded bites. Next time, I’m getting that, and he wants a pretzel-wrapped hot dog. I was ready to go home when he reminded me that I’d forgotten to get the acetaminophen Beloved Hubby requested, so we made a wish at the fountain then made one more stop at the other Mal-Wart. Nothin’ there either, but we have plenty of headache meds now ! Dearest and I each picked out a blind-bag My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic toy (series 4 !) for Beloved, a bit of fun at just $2. each, and we were soon basking in the delicious air conditioning of home, with all our new goodies.


Beloved was home early, due to the heat, and was so exhausted, I made sure he could crash, and he soon did, after we exchanged the news of the day. He opened both MLP bags, and was soon the delighted owner of a crystal blue ‘Shoeshine’ pony and an adorably cute Pinkie Pie ! I couldn’t believe it, but there it was on the card. Somehow, out of the 24 pony possibilities, one of us had managed to snag his favorite character. Shoeshine is now Pinkie’s pupil, and he (?) hopes to learn the ways of True Pink from her.


Left to ourselves while Beloved snoozed, Dearest assembled his new Lego set and I deboxed RM Ghoulia. I have no idea if I’m gonna keep her or SS Ghoulia…at the rate I’m going, I may keep both ! But I still really had some hate going for those odd pigtail curls. So I combed them out and then gave her a quick sink shampoo. Wow. Out of the admittedly light hairspray Mattel used this time, her hair took on an almost 70s Farrah style flip. I can hardly wait for it to dry ! Photos tomorrow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment