Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rocket girl...burning up her boiler out here alone...


Current Mood : More upbeat than before.

Current Image Notes : The diary's missing, 'cause Beloved Hubby wanted to read it. Lol !



Don’t mind me, I’m kind of in a recovery funk today. I just took it easy, let m’self ease back into regular life. To be honest, though, I’m not surprised I’m all down today. It’s like everything has been a twinge depressing ever since that mess I hit headlong on Friday. For the first time ever, there was a homeless guy with a sign at the quickie-mart where we like to get sodas. The ‘white cards’ were posted yesterday at our apartment complex, which they always are on the 10th, but it’s still sad to see so many doors have pre-eviction notices taped to them. Pantry moths in the remnants of a bag of rice I was gonna cook up for lunch. I can only hope they don’t spread to other things now that I’ve tossed their half-cup home out with the trash. It’s just too easy to be down some days.


But there’s still so much to be happy about, I couldn’t let it have the whole day. Not when I got to debox Robecca, and she is amazing ! I thought that the moving gears other fans mentioned were on her boots. Nope – they actually are in her legs, just behind her knees. Her legs are more loose than most other MH dolls, they even bend forward, just a bit too much to be comfortable, but I figure that, like Frankie dolls with one eye bigger than the other, it’s a feature, not a fault. I’m weird like that.


I also discovered that some of her Captain Penny penguin pets have a copper-tone jet pack (just like the rest of Penny), others are black or dark grey. I love variations !  


And I have so many photos still to take ! Got three ‘gag’ image ideas for Robecca, I gotta show ya’ll those wonderful treats Deborah sent me, and the Barbie boat cleaned up fairly well, so I wanna show that off, too. And I still haven’t posed any ghoul with the glittery red Jemgirl Creations shoes, or the Create A Monster ‘cat’ ones I got cheap off eBay. Shoot, I’m behind showing ya’ll the wonders of the School playset, now that I think about it.


It’d be ridiculous, in the middle of all this bounty, to wonder what Mattel’s gonna crack out for frenzied Christmas shoppers this year, but you happen to be reading the blog of The Empress of Ridiculousness ™. So here we go. It’s all WishbookWeb.com ’s fault. I was looking up the Dream Boat when I was soon distracted by memories and not-memories, and since the whole place revolves around Christmas catalogs, it’s impossible to not think of the upcoming holidays. Shoot, just yesterday we found a cricket in our bedroom and heard the cicada screech-songs, two signs that Summer is fading, no matter how hot it still is. Not to mention the awesome holiday cookies Deborah sent. You can’t look at those and not think anything but ‘Christmas !’. Unless it’s ‘YUM ! MINE !! I wanna eat it !’ !


Anyway…I was feeling a little smug today, since there’s ‘nothing I want’. Yeah, stop me if you’ve heard *that* before. So I wonder if the Holiday 2012 season is gonna be ‘catch up while you can on those dolls you couldn’t find earlier’ or ‘here’s all new stuff for you to chase after. Enjoy !’. What do you think ? Which would you prefer ? I’m kinda hoping for a quiet season, m’self.


But it’s neither here nor there right now. It’s nearly bedtime, and we had a big pasta supper. I can barely stay awake, and hope to wake up in a lighter mood. I get to go to Dollar Tree tomorrow, which is always something fun to look forward to !

1 comment:

  1. Somehow this entry has me thinking MH needs a "Scream Boat". XD

    ReplyDelete