Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nude Ghoulias, everywhere !


Current Mood : Happy !



Well, at least for a little while today. Totally skunked on the scooter, they didn’t have any at all, with or without a doll. Since funds are limited right now anyway, I’ll just wait for better times and order one then. If I still want one later. The obsession seems to have faded somewhat. They had the ‘Ghouls Rule’ DracuLaura I’ve been sort of leaning towards, but $30. is ridiculous, and honestly, that dress looked super-cheap. Not a hem on any of it. Much as I love those wings, I won’t pay $20. for just them on eBay, and I’m certainly not gonna shell out for more for the doll. Even with a $5. off coupon.


They also had ‘Dot Dead Gorgeous’ Spectra, the one character I don’t have, but I still don’t like her much. Gave her some thought, since she was within budget, but ultimately decided to give her a pass. Some Bratz and Moxie outfits were really pretty, but again, cheap, and I can make most of ‘em, I just have to get off my lazy butt !


Checked out the Barbie aisle. Didn’t see anything irresistible there, but the ‘Ultimate Boyfriend’ Ken doll, that one that talks and records/plays back the owner’s voice, was marked down to $15. And that video recorder Barbie is still available for $35., beyond my budget this week, but still in the running for the nebulous future. I also drifted through the Disney Princess doll section, and was intrigued to see the Little Disney Princess ‘toddler’ dolls on sale for $15. Hate to start another collection when I barely play with Princess Dorrie anymore…but have you seen the toddler Flynn Rider / Eugene doll yet ? He is absolutely adorable ! Plastic hair, not that I mind, that sideways quirked smile was almost irresistible. I will probably go back for him later. He’ll make a much better Prince Beloved Hubby !


Eventually – yeah, it took me about an hour – I decided that Skull Shores Ghoulia’s borked arm has been bugging me, a lot. I thought to replace her, even though I don’t much care for her swimsuit or shoes…but she was $19. Roller Maze Ghoulia was only $13., and I love her outfit and skates. Minus the coupon, she’d only be eight bucks. Not bad at all. I’d still have some cash left, and could use it to take Dearest Son to Dollar Tree later. That sounded good to me !


I was barely home for a half hour before I had both dolls undressed and under the hot water in the bathroom sink. It helps soften the vinyl, make head swaps go a little easier. It’s vitally important to not twist, just pull. It’s still way too easy to damage the bodies – Barbie head-swaps are simple in comparison ! -  and I cracked the neck on the already-broken Ghoulia body, but…with the Roller head on it, the crack doesn’t show, and her head moves normally.


So, there for a while, I had two nude Ghoulias resting in their stands, waiting for their hair to dry, and resting from their ordeals. Now that they’re side-by-side, you can really see the difference in their hair and face paint. RM has nearly aqua-colored hair, not so much dark blue as most other Ghoulias, and has less dramatic eyes. I’m happy. I now have a Roller Maze Ghoulia and a Skull Shores Ghoulia that are both perfect, and one RM with a broken arm. I’ll probably use the broken arm one as a fitting model, and finally let that completely wrecked DLaura body rest. I also have another pair of skates, the glasses, and the dress, which is so bonus !


Don’t they look great ? One day, I’ll find ¾-inch wide black elastic, and make another cuff or two, for my new sewing Ghoulia ! Not sure why, but every time I remember to look for it, it’s sold out. I’m so happy about Skull Shores, though !

No comments:

Post a Comment