Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ghoulia always surprises me with how good she looks in black !



Current Mood : Satisfied

Current Image Notes : Click, and you can almost smell the flowers...


Between the ridiculous heat and our ongoing lack of funds, I’ve put m’self into a ‘not doing anything’ rut, and I gotta break out of it ! Today I was darn near frantically looking for small things to do, so I wouldn’t sit in the glorious air conditioning and waste another day watching crappy cable TV and snurfling for snacks.


Found the sample bag for the VA project and reverse-engineered it into a pattern. Since Beloved Hubby will be gone tomorrow to finalize his school schedule – it’s almost time for him to hit the books again ! – I hope to sew up a few. If it works, and I can find some ribbon or cord for the drawstrings, I really want to sew at least one a day for the rest of the year. I’m hoping to hit Hobby Lobby soon, to check out their macramé cord. If it’ll work for the drawstrings, it’ll be about the least expensive, best option. Durable, easy to use, and with the 40% coupon, I can get a color a week until I have ‘em all, and can make the bags look their best. For now, though, I’ll be happy with white. Maybe on Friday…


From there, I checked the weather – still too humid to spray-paint Puma-dude. My eyes caught Classroom Ghoulia, still wearing Toralei’s sold-separately fashion. The one she can’t sit down in, ‘cause it’s too short. I’ve been meaning to lengthen it, and there was no time like the present. My first attempt, utilizing the net bag some fruit came in, just plain didn’t work, and looked cheaper than even I feared it might. Then I remembered that Target sock dress I made my first Ghoulia a couple years ago. Basically just a stretchy tube with gathered ribbon – no hemming ! – sewn to the bottom edge as a skirt.


So I dug through the stash and found some wide black ribbon, and did the same thing to the too-short skirt, adding some extra to the back, so it would go all the way around. Something I forgot to do with the net-bag effort. Found an old Dollar Tree art print and propped it up, and poof ! Today’s photo. I rather like it.


From there, it was meals, manufactured daytime TV drama, and meals. Pool was closed again, for some reason. I’m hoping it’ll be open tomorrow, because Dearest Son’s getting all wired. 

1 comment: