Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Just not a good day, even the parts I can sort of remember...


Current Mood : Sluglike.


Our repair / maintenance person never showed, which was fine. I didn’t clean house, either. I’m not exactly sure what I did today, it was as though I blinked, and the day was done.


Wet and rainy all day, too. Maybe that was why he bailed on us. Not really stormy, we had one cloudburst, then it sprinkled through sunshine for the rest of it, into the evening. Not bad for a day with a zero percent chance of rain when I checked the forecast on Sunday. We were darn near desperate for rain.


Stitched up that most recent version of the A-line dress – it’s weird that I took so long to get to it. I cut it out days ago, but just couldn’t push m’self into sewing it. And there was reason, it’s in the trash now. While the alterations worked, the fabric was a disaster. I know it’s fragile, so I Fray-checked the heck out of it, and it frayed anyway, from the few tiny clips I made to the curves. I was saving the few scraps of it for one last skirt, but after this failure, I tossed the bits out with the finished but awful dress. I’m done wrestling with it, alleluia.


Well, here’s hoping tomorrow’s a bit more productive…

No comments:

Post a Comment