Saturday, August 4, 2012

Skater's Waltz, part II


Current Mood : Cheezy Poofs ! Nom Nom Nomnomnomomomom.....



Well…..I kinda cheated. I woke up at 4am and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I played around online, and found Robecca Steam. Earlier this week, several folks on the LiveJournal group got her from Amazon.com at retail ($21.99) instead of ridiculous ($40.+), but I was too late. Still, I followed that tip, and boom ! There she was, in all her steampunk ‘bot glory, for the retail price again. Grabbed one quick, then found a small surprise for Dearest Son to round it to $25., for the free shipping. Hasn’t shipped yet, and I know my order won’t move ‘til Monday at the earliest, but it hasn’t been cancelled yet, so I’m hopeful and happy.


Yeah, I know I said I wanted to just stroll into a Mal-Wart or Target and find mine, but at least this way, I won’t bug Beloved Hubby to make a quick stop at TRU when we go to the pet store tomorrow, or drag Dearest out on these 113-degree days once a week or so to ‘just happen’ to find her. If Amazon doesn’t sell out and actually ships it, I could have Robecca as early as Friday, but I think it’ll be more like the Wednesday following.


It’s a bit ironic, though. Just after I decide to not pay sixty bucks for the Target Skull Shores set, I end up spending almost fifty on three dolls that have made me so happy. And let’s face it, even if I had bought the SS set, I’d have still bought Robecca, so I still saved us a nice bit of change ! Plus we all know that the less I go shopping, the less I find to buy !


Deboxed Roller Maze Frankie, and she is wonderful. Just as beautiful out of the box as she was in. Some dolls, sad to say, don’t have that going for ‘em. I thought it was odd, though, that, while her black and green streaks run abundantly through her otherwise white hair in the front, they’re chopped off abruptly about halfway down in the back of her hair. It’s an odd look, but still works for her. Mine had no hairspray on her at all.


And once again, I’m amazed at the detail of her outfit. Anybody who sews for these dolls knows how difficult those tiny pieces can be – and how easy it is to not mess with ‘em. Especially little details like the blue mesh back and strap piece. But it really adds to the whole dress, which also benefits from having the colorful pattern on the front and back. Very nice. It just kinda hurts to type the inevitable, ‘This is the quality Barbie clothes *used* to have.’


Altered that A-line dress again, so we’ll see how the next one goes. I was simply too weary of it to stitch it up one more time. At least today. There’s always tomorrow !

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Robecca in person and she's quite lovely, I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete