Friday, August 3, 2012

For such a neat hobby, sewing sure generates a huge mess !


Current Mood : Yawny.



Thanks for the wishes – my alterations worked ! It’s still just a bit snug at the bust, which kinda pulls the curve of the princess seams off a little bit, so I’ve got to fiddle with the center pattern piece, widen it maybe an eighth of an inch. I’ve already messed with it once, when I folded it and realized it wasn’t the same on each side. Also, I’ve twice now hemmed the neck and armholes, instead of messing with that full lining. That’s a real challenge, so I wanna try facings next, which is another change. Sheesh. One more alteration, and I’ll probably be able to claim it as mine !


There’s version #4 in today’s image. It looks fairly good, I think. I’m getting better at keeping both sides parallel – like I was telling Dearest Son, do it enough, and it gets easier and better each time. After I sewed the back seam, I noticed that the hem stitching matched up, as if I’d sewn it in a perfect circle, instead of flat. I love it when I get things right !


Beloved Hubby was home today, so we kinda took it easy. I got to see photos of the cabinets he made, and I’m darn near jealous of the house that owns them. They really came out nice. Tomorrow, we’re going to the pet shop – we need a couple small things for the aquariums – and I hope to convince Beloved to make a quick trip to TRU.


Oh, and I watched an episode of Craft Wars Tuesday. Won’t do that again. For one thing, I have no idea what Tori Spelling has to do with crafting. I thought the only thing she made was bad TV programs with her father. They don’t get everyday crafts fans to compete, they get some craft experts I’ve never heard of, and each one has enough attitude for three average Toddlers & Tiaras mothers. After the requisite ‘Imma gonna do anything to WIN !!!1!!!’ crap, they give them boring, stupid things to make with ridiculous supplies. And then these ‘experts’ screw up because they don’t know basics like spray paint destroys Styrofoam, and hot glue doesn’t really hold for long on Lucite unless the Lucite’s been lightly sanded. I make doll clothes and know those things. But then again, I don’t know why everyone puts roses on Christmas wreaths made out of sweaters, either.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that A line dress. You know what Ghoulia needs? A matching headscarf!

    ReplyDelete