Sunday, August 12, 2012

Just another day-dreamy Sunday...

Current Mood : Still day-dreamy...



It’s funny, but of all the photos I’ve seen of other people’s Robecca Steam dolls, no one has re-dressed her. I’ve seen her missing her jacket and blue plastic cage crinoline, but rarely has anyone removed her shoes, much less made something for her.


And I can kind of understand why. Her hair and body colors are so unusual and extreme, it’s hard to not dress her in more of the same of what she comes with, since only draping her with yards of many different colors will show what looks good on her besides blue, black, and white. For right or wrong, I kinda figure that since I can see her copper color looks good with blue, I’ll probably stick with ‘cool’ colors for her – blues, greys, maybe some dark greens, and possibly some silver. Can’t help but think most prints will clash with her already-busy ‘skin plates’. So I’ll probably stick with rich, jewel tones from the cooler side of the spectrum.


I also played with several digital ‘dress me’ games, with her and several other characters. Here’s a whole page of online MH paper dolls, games, and coloring books – this link will take you to page one. There’s three total, includes everything from pedicure to room décor to cake designing. I was right, most of the reds and pinks that are always popular with dress-up dolls really don’t look good on Robecca, even when you can change her hair and skin colors as well.


That said, I really wanna take her with me next time we go out, so I can drape her with fat quarters at Joanne’s. That’s about all I like there ! I’ve signed up for their mailer three times – twice online, once at the local store – and still never got one. I can tell ya, when they put the fat quarters on a 99c sale, I’m gonna go nutz ! So it’s probably good I’ve never gotten the sales papers…


Kinda let another day get away from me without doing much. But it was nice to play with Robecca and daydream about my next project. I think my next purchase is gonna be an ironing board, though. I need one, bad ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment