Monday, August 13, 2012

Yummy Aldi's nectarines...


Current Mood : I *have* to make this dress !



Re-re-reconsidering Over-thinking purchasing Ghoulia’s scooter. TRU sent me a $5. off any purchase coupon this weekend, and it’s been burning a hole in my mental pocket. Today was kinda busy – especially if you consider my two-hour nap ! – so I’m heading over tomorrow, to see if they even have it, then debate for two hours if I really want it, or if I really really want it, or it’s just a prop for my usual childlike romantic ideology, thanks to that ‘lost chapter’ story that I’ve now read four times. It’d be much easier if the non-doll one didn’t come with that cardboard Ghoulia and Slo-Mo. You probably find it easy to believe that I’ve actually considered buying just the cardboard figures, but they come with the accessory pack on eBay – and if I’m gonna spend $10. on that, plus shipping, I might as well throw in a few more bucks and get the whole thing !


Only problem with that line of thinking is, there’s only another ten bucks between that and the version with the doll…and while I’m not much on that Ghoulia’s lip color, I can always use a spare body to fix my broken-armed Skull Shores one…


Anyway. If TRU doesn’t have one, I’ll wait to come home and order a ‘site to store’ one off Mal-Wart’s website. Could have it by next Monday, for the same price. I’m just hoping to use that coupon.


But that’s tomorrow’s fret. Today, we did some cleaning, especially to the fish tanks, and made a big grocery run to Aldi’s. I’m always utterly amazed when we unload it and try to find space for everything, it seems there’s never an end, and we paid about a week and a half’s usual bill for it all. And it lasts a bit over a month ! True, I supplement with other groceries, but the monthly run to Aldi’s is always a blast, and they’re the cheapest on all the stuff we use up every month. This time, we’re trying their toilet paper. We’ve abandoned several other brands by trying what Aldi’s sells, one package trial at a time.


So I’m enjoying that wonderful feeling of security – the one ya get when the rent/mortgage is paid or you’re considering storing some surplus groceries in the hall closet, ‘cause the pantry’s full right now. Problem is, that’s full of our stuff already !

No comments:

Post a Comment