Thursday, February 9, 2012

I love Cupid ! Her Dad gave me the bestest husband, after all...

Current Mood : Whimsical



(sigh) Mattel, Mattel, Mattel...why do you keep shooting yerself in the foot ? Guess where the new Clawdeen-Howleen two pack showed up yesterday ? If you guessed Argos in England, step up and get a sticker. I have no idea why they wanna send hotly anticipated toys overseas first, but they've done it several times now. Heck, if it weren't for Presto, I'd yet to see a real-life Sweet 1600 Clawd or Cupid, and evidently both are more easily available overseas than here.


I don't even want the dolls. Them or the were-cat twins, they're just not my bag. But I worry when the company who makes the toys I really like seems intent on teasing a very loyal customer base which may one day turn on them, and that's the end of that line. Ah, well. Life in the fan lane...


I'm determined to enjoy what I already have, especially when I find little things, like outfits and props for a buck or three on eBay. Scored this cute outfit a couple days ago, it arrived today, and since my original Lagoona hadn't gotten to model yet, I put it on her. This is one of the Create A Monster outfits from the Vampire / Sea Monster set, I just removed the 'Golden Snitch' decoration from the bodice. If Lagoona wanted, she could wear it as a wider-than-her-hand ring to the next Harry Potter fan club meeting.


I'm still plotting what to sew for Cupid's first new outfit. I've seen her model several DracuLaura outfits, and she's adorable in both the Sweet 1600 fluffy dress and the Newspaper Club set. So I'm thinking of something sort of 50s-ish, if I can find a suitable pattern...or fiddle with making my own. I've always thought that all you really need is one good bodice that fits - then you can sew any number of dresses, skirts, blouses, etc.


Beloved Hubby likes Cupid, too. He hopes we'll have some time Saturday to hop up to Hobby Lobby, and select a paint for her lips. I really can't wait for that ! I've been surprised by how much I like her, even though she's more accessory-lean than the least expensive swimsuit dolls. She comes with her purse, a bubblegum-pink stand, and a trading card with her 'bio' on the back. That's it. Not even a brush ! Not that I need any more of those things, but it was kind of a surprise that she was the first no-brush doll. I mean, she already didn't have a diary or a pet - and her price is the same as what Mal-Wart charges for any other Sweet 1600 doll, and they come with an extra outfit, keychain, and props.


But I'm glad to have her. She's really amazing, and the things I thought I didn't like about her - the black-to-white gradient, the embossed 'lace' design on her arms and legs - have grown on me, very much. I'm still kinda 'meh' on Spectra, but I'm taking a second look at Operetta these days ! Her facial 'scarring' was a bit jarring, but it is quite lovely, and I adore her hair. Still haven't made up my mind yet, though...

1 comment:

  1. Lagoona does look great in that dress!

    Hey, let me know if you decide you want Operetta or Nefera, my store has a couple of them in! Nefera IS taller than the other dolls in person, btw. I compared her to Operetta, and she's definitely larger.

    Did you see that someone posted the cgi "Why do Ghouls Fall in Love" on the lj group? It's not *too* bad, but I'm not a fan of the animation or how goofy part of the plot was. Abbey was easily the best part of it, though. (My Abbey bias is showing again!)

    ReplyDelete