Friday, February 3, 2012

Clawdeen knows good 'claws' when she sees almost 60 of 'em !

Current Mood : Semi-relieved



Well, I'm done with the easy half of my medicals this month. Fasting from midnight to 10am isn't difficult, but eating a ton of good stuff (two apples, and orange, and a double-fistful of raw cauliflower, three glasses of ice water) mixed in with a ton of junk (a cupcake, a bowl of pretzels, half a bag of Fritos, a ham and cheese sandwich, and half of a Big Gulp soda) isn't wise. My stomach hurts...


But I got some good news. I'm healthy enough for the procedure scheduled for Monday, my blood sugar has gone down further (I'm not considered even pre-diabetic anymore), and my cholesterol is around 70, far below anything remotely unhealthy. They honestly don't expect a heart blockage or anything, but they're still gonna check it Monday, see how bad the damage really is. If it's necessary, while they're in there, they'll install a stent if there's a serious blockage, but otherwise, it's routine for folks with heart issues. We went through the whole procedure, and I'm less on edge, but I'll be a bit tetchy and worried until it's over.


I discovered this morning that about half my usual 'medical anxiety' is actually worry that I'll oversleep and miss the appointment. When it's in the afternoon, I sleep fairly well enough, but crack-of-dawn appointments usually have me tossing, turning, and checking the alarm clock constantly. By the time the appointment / procedure is over, I'm wiped out, and Beloved Hubby usually finds me asleep shortly after we get back.


(embarassed grin) Even though it was nearly all lab work today, that's about what happened. Beloved changed clothes to go to work, and I was sound asleep and probably snoring. He left me a note, asked Dearest Son to take good care of me, but let me rest, and left. I woke about two hours later, and ate some of the junk, some of the good stuff, and picked up my book right where I left off. I'm lazy and spoiled, but at least I know it and enjoy it !


There's the paper doll from the last outfit I bought, Clawdeen's 'Fashion Entrepreneur' club set. Hey, if it can get the kiddies to learn to spell 'entrepreneur' and know what it means, there's another point for Monster High  ! She's posing with some Dollar Tree finds, tiny little hair clips that are perfect for dolls. There's another pastel set, but I decided on these two - enough contrast and blend-in for darn near everybody !


Yeah, I got to visit DTree while driving UncleIL to get the last of his stuff out of his wrecked car, then to his job site to pick up a check. It was so sad to see the car I'd seen 'forever', it seemed, parked next to Starlight in the driveway, all smashed and torn up. I hope someone finds good use from what remains. Uncle himself is probably doing well, he's just complaining a lot of pain, and I can't do much about that. Wish I could. Hope the insurance companies, if they can't make it go away, at least make things a little easier for him for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment