Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Can't Believe I Forgot Toy Fair !

MHSchool, left



Sincerely, I did ! I got so wound up over it last year, only to have it come down to nothing, which was annoying. I was so furious about the 'Ken and Barbie, Together Again !!!1!!!' hoopla that I literally shoved the whole mess down a memory hole, and it stayed there until today, when photos of new dolls started showing up in my Flickr photostream. Then I clonked m'self on the head. And started looking for more photos !


Well, after last year's rankage, I have to say, Mattel brought their "A" game this year. Wow. While I'm not much interested in the Halloween 'Ghouls Rule' series, they really are amazing. Those are outfits that will *definitely* re-sell for more than the dolls retail. As for the new characters, I'm intrigued by Venus McFlytrap and Rochelle Goyle - they're both beautiful. Ya'll know I'm a total sucker for green dolls, and those wings...! (happy sigh) Robecca Steam, I'll need to see in person, as well as Jackson Jekyll. I already have him, and Robecca just seems too...uninspired in the photos I've seen. Ranks, 'cause I really liked her, and I *love* me some steam-punk.


The new Create A Monster is also intriguing - soon, it'll come with a coffin-like 'mad science lab' that helps apply water transfers to various limbs. Yup, those old water tattoos are back ! They even have it so you can create your preferred *face* ! Wow. I'm still holding out for the guy set, but thanks to various eBay shoe wins, I have two heads and several lower legs and arms, with hands, to play with. All I gotta do now is find me a torso...


Not on display at Toy Fair, but found elsewhere, there's 'Dot Dead Gorgeous', dolls in pretty polka dots (seen so far : Spectra, Lagoona, and Operetta),  Roller Maze (with Ghoulia, Frankie, Operetta, and Lagoona going full-bore roller derby) and...The School ! It's not a three-story one as rumored, but it is amazing, as pictured above. WANT !


I got most of my info from the LiveJournal group, but hit up YouTube, and you'll see some of the most envied people, posing with the new releases, or check Flickr or Google for more. Wow.


Some links for you !

Dot Dead Gorgeous -

Roller Maze -

New characters and Ghouls Rule -

1 comment:

  1. Now, what they need to do is make "add on" sets for the school. Catacombs, the gymnasium, the possibilities are endless!

    I still say Abbey needs a roller maze doll.

    ReplyDelete