Thursday, February 2, 2012

For my next project...

Current Mood : Fretting unnecessarily



Well, it's all over but for the scraps, and those are them, right there. I might get a small project or two out of 'em, but for the most part, I consider this project done, amen and hallelujah.


Not much going on today. Tore our bedroom up and swept everywhere, trying to find a few things - one of Beloved Hubby's slippers, Abbey Bominable's fur headband, a pair of scissors, and perhaps one of the five dozen mini flashlights we've bought over the last six months. Found the scissors and the headband, at least.


I'm giving some thought to a weekend project. Right now, all my Monster High doll shoes and some of the accessories are in a beat-up soft-side Sailor Moon lunchbox. Found it a few months ago, when Beloved discovered several of my things rolling around in the Diesel's bed, and washed it - half the paint flaked off, leading to its current appearance. Don't get me wrong, I liked Sailor Moon in the day, and bought the lunchbox on markdown to hold doll props...and still have most of the dolls ! (grin) I just switched their props to a plastic lunchbox, found at a yard sale, to save some of the more fragile bits from being crushed, leaving the soft-side one with nothing to do. It's doing a decent job storing the ghouls' shoes, but...I want something new.


Ideally, I'd love a Monster High lunchbox, but the ones that've been out, I just didn't like, and they were quite expensive. Whoever made them got all cute with shapes and fabrics, and that's cool, but I was looking for a soft rectangle with the characters on it, not a bejeweled Skullette with a rhinestone strap. Even the blinged-out skull was rarely seen, and, let's face it, the Moon bag is already getting kinda full. A slightly bigger one would work ! And when I can't find what I want or need, it's up to me to make what I want and need, if I can.


And I've made soft-side boxes before. Bought a pattern to make 'em, using 6mm-thick fun foam, fleece, and fabric, with glue and KJ, my sewing machine. I only made the small one - and that darn dog chewed it up in several places the week I made it, boy was I fried - but the larger one would work pretty well for me. I already have a foam stash, and I have plenty of fleece and fabric.


So I'll probably start Saturday. If I remember from making the first one, it's best to take a day to cut everything out, then a day to sew it all up. Cutting takes forever, so I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Plus I have an idea... but we'll see how it goes when I actually get it off the ground and running !

No comments:

Post a Comment