Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who hates SOPA ? Yes, we do ! We hate PIPA, how about you ?

Current Mood : Very hungry...

Song You Forgot : Star Wars Theme (Disco Version), Meco



I really, *really* wanted to do a super-special blackout version of today's entry, as I think SOPA and PIPA, as is, give waaaay too much power to people only looking out for corporate interests (coughRIAAhackgasp). But today was a busy one, capped off with another tummy twister I'm only over now, so it just didn't get done. Can we say I blacked this entry out for 24 hours and posted it late on purpose ? I really meant to. Even called my Congress-people and Representatives to tell them how I felt. It was only a tiny bit of power, but I felt dizzy with it anyway.


If you visited my Flickr page, you may have noticed I blacked most of the recent images I put up. I had the option to shade others' pictures, but that seemed to take things a bit too far. I'd have had no problems with anyone greying mine, but who's to say the person I targeted is just like me ? Just seemed rude and presumptuous to black any but my own images, and I really think Flickr should have given that option a bit more thought. I know that's sort of what those bills would do - give a buncha power to people who don't own those photos - but still.


I'm glad to say that most of the original sponsors and supporters of SOPA and PIPA have already started to back away from it, although the battle's not yet won. It'll come around again, I'd lay my non-existent fun money on it. But what was important was it got me off my unmotivated, lazy butt and I actually did something, however little. I'd hate to say how much I'd miss of you and everything I love if certain jerks got their way.


Nuff said on that. Today was a busy one because I went with Beloved Hubby to a jobsite. We got to talk a lot and I got to enjoy some peace and quiet time away from everything. Fed a vivid Cardinal some pretzel bits, and actually got to see him snag one, and fly off to a nearby fence stump to eat it. Worked a Sudoku (I like them because they let me think I'm smart), leafed through some craft project books, and read the diabetes and cardiomyopathy books the VA gave me to study months ago. Finally. (embarrassed grin)  I have another diabetes class Friday, so I hope I remember some of it.


We stopped off at Mal-Wart for Dearest Son's birthday cake, and I got to peek in at the Monster High section. It looked almost exactly the same as it did Dec. 22nd. No 'Sweet 1600' endcaps, no standalone display units, just the same space with the same stuff in it, and not a doll to be found. Just drawing books, costume bits, and cheezy electronics. It's probably the only place on the planet that still has those bizarre Electrocuties pets.


And on the plus side, I may be able to order my special book-money goodies soon - we kinda needed the cash for gas & groceries over the past week or so, but it looks like things are getting better, like they usually do. Here's hoping !

No comments:

Post a Comment