Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF ! Happy Friday the Thirteenth !

Current Mood: Howlin' good !

Song you forgot : One Night in Bangkok, Murray Head



We lost power from 10am 'til 2pm, because the power lines were being maintained. Just wish I'd been smart enough to eat something when we were informed !


Ah, well, It gave me some time to get some things done. Got the dinner table cleared off - put away fabric and pattern scraps, the cutting surface, two handfuls of Lego, several freebie newspapers, some old mail, a quarter-cup of stray generic cereal, and four catalogs. Then I repaired a loose thread on the handle of my ComicCon Monster High tote bag, and cut the Velcro (tm) to make the much-needed closure when power was restored. I wanna use KJ, my sewing machine, to do the actual work. And then I got bored.


Leafed through the soon-to-be discarded newspapers and found a review of a new magazine-format book from two local authors, Dating the Undead : Loving the Immortal Man, by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe. Article came complete with a photo of the cover - today's image - and an image of a double-truck spread titled  'Are They Undead ?', a discussion of the potential status of various male celebrities underneath their photos. Five minutes later, I had the articles cut from both copies of the freebie paper, and was going for the glue stick and a ruler. I now have two oversized copies of Dating, with the article inside and an ad for a local fencing salle on the back cover. Yes, at one point, Beloved Hubby and I took fencing lessons. Beloved remains very good at it, I got benched when Dearest Son made his incipient arrival known.


I'm gonna scan the 'article' piece and the fencing ad, and scale it down to make more scale-accurate versions for the MH ghouls. While Beloved fixed the printer during the outage - he's not sure how he did it, but it works now ! - it'll be easier to take a .jpg to the library for their 30c color copies. As-is, my current faux-book is almost comically oversized, and would even be a bit big for Elphie. Hmm...I actually want to read the real thing, too. Wonder if our library has it ?


Mmmm...library....

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe. Sadly I have yet to read this one though, BUT it's on my list! What a great idea to scale down a copy for the MH gang...seems very suiting! :-)

    ReplyDelete