Sunday, January 8, 2012

Do-not-a-darn-thing Sunday !

Current Mood : Hungry again, darn that rye bread !

Current Image Notes : Here's the knit stand-thingie, with the just-folded tulle and netting, complete with oxygen hose. The grey circle is the lid to a recycled jar fulla still-on-cards vintage buttons I keep meaning to put on Etsy or something. Why is it that you can find craft totes with the most delightful fabric - but you can never find the fabric itself ? I fell in love with this 'cartoon-like cats with sewing notions' print, and have never seen it anywhere else. 



Truly took today off, and barely did a thing. Decided my next project is gonna be a no-sleeve version of the NG Creations dress I keep altering - when I'm on a roll, I just don't stop ! If the non-sleeves work, I'll sew it again in a knit fabric, since I have a special project in mind for it. Wish me luck !


Mapping out my latest round of tortures to that already beleaguered pattern is about all I did. Went to look at a cheap apartment with Beloved Hubby, but even cheap as it is, we can't do it right now - deposits and such. But we will soon ! So it's good to keep our eyes open. Bought a few groceries, including a splurge for me, a tasty loaf of rye bread I can barely keep my hands off of when I'm not hungry. Problem is, food that'd last us weeks is gone in days here - last month we spent a month of rent's worth of cash on food, and yes, all of it has been consumed. (sigh)


Oh, and I did one other thing - I finally got all the tulle folded and organized in that folding knitting tote/stand-thingie. It had been in various color wads in there, like shimmery meatloaves or river rocks. Tulle and netting are not the easiest 'fabrics' to fold and organize - and most of mine came lumped like that, from yard sales and such. But I got it done, and now it's arranged by color where I can see it. Since the stand does double-duty to hold my oxygen hose away from my chair-wheels, it's nice that it looks prettier now. Still have no idea what I'll do with tulle, but it's ready whenever I need it !


And people wonder why I watch those 'Hoarding' shows. I may not have as much as I used to, but I like to see it all - and I've already proven that I will expand to fit any space allotted to me !


I also got the other loose pattern pieces stored in a document protector inside a pocket folder. They'd been fluttering around the arena for a while, and I was tired of picking them up over and over. Same for a courtesy survey - got tired of moving it out of the way, so I did it and it's awaiting mail pick-up tomorrow. And since I had no idea where to stash some other bits lurking around, I labelled various plastic drawers and boxes with Sharpie on masking tape I had sitting around. Now I know which box is Stationery, and which is Patterns - go, me !


Sewing up yesterday's dress used the last of my black thread, so I have an ongoing campaign to go to Hancock Fabrics next weekend. I know I haven't used much of my fabric stash since the move, but sometimes, ya just like to go to where there's tons of the stuff, and sort of mentally roll around in it. You know what I'm saying. Hancock Fabrics gets to be a temple of sorts, and I haven't been to one since before Halloween '11 ! Long past time for me to get some textile appreciation in, and get inspired all over again.


I'll tell you two secrets, then I gotta go - one, the two totes of fabric I 'ditched' when we moved ? They're in Starlight's trunk ! They got packed instead of put out at the yard sale. So really, all I need is thread from Hancock's...but still. Two, I'm kind of hoping my next two or three efforts go well, but I don't like the finished items. That way, I can dress a couple spare Monster High dolls in 'em and get 'em traded or whatevs. Everything I've made lately I've liked, and the semi-abandoned, damaged DracuLaura needed that 'hospital gown' dress. So I keep using the same pattern, altered a bit, in hopes that I get tired of having ten to fifteen of the 'same' dress, and decide to ditch a few.


And ya'll wonder why I never sell anything I make. Between 'I wanna keep it !' and 'Man on fire, I do NOT want anyone to see how bad I fudged the back closure on this one !', it's a wonder I even still want to sell/trade the dolls !


Tomorrow : A third secret ! 

3 comments:

  1. Dorrieeeee! Para here. Hey, is your boy still wanting Lala's car? I found one! Did you know they're only $25 w/tax at Wal-Mart? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ! We'll be ordering his cake in a few days, hopefully ours has one. Or we can do a 'ship to store' thingie. I really wasn't happy with TRU prices, and Angelic Dreamz is even higher ! ARrgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can't find one, let me know. I can't believe what people are charging for MH stuff!

    ReplyDelete