Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Don't we all think of swimwear in January ? (grin)

Current Mood : Ow. Hurts to sit. 

Current Image Notes : Repeat ! Yeah, I know I don't usually recycle my own images, but I really feel icky today, and this is well-referenced in today's entry. Bear with me ? Thanks.



Tomorrow's gonna be interesting. Angelic Dreamz says they're gonna start selling / minor gouging Nefera and Operetta Wednesday. I'm not at all interested in either doll, mostly due to their webisode characterizations, partially due to them simply not appealing to me in any other way, not even clothes or shoes. Well, at least not enough to pay $30. for each, plus $11. shipping, because I sort~of like saddle shoes and really enjoy the diaries. (laugh) I'm mildly curious about whether or not Nefera is taller than Cleo, but otherwise, meh.


But the fandom, which often repulses me as much as it fascinates and includes me, is in full-slaver. So I'll have at least two weeks of endless photos of both dolls. I swear, I'm gonna take a buncha pictures of Frankie, Lagoona, and Cleo, just to counter. I'm contrary like that.


Today's entry's gonna be kinda short - I'm having often-violent stomach issues. I'm fine for a while, but then...well, you can imagine. Luckily, I have plenty of books to read when I need to recoup afterwards, or just lie down for a bit.


Here's today's secret : I won an auction for Skull Shores Abbey's swimsuit ! It was only for the suit and wrap, but I only paid five bucks, so it's all good. Believe it or not, I already have semi-transparent purple sandals to fit her. Won today, paid today, and even mailed today. With any luck, I should have it Friday or Saturday. I don't know why, but for some reason, it's important to me for my dolls' characters to each have 'their' swimsuit - except for Toralei. For one, she doesn't have an issue-suit, and two, she's a cat. I can see how she'd enjoy the social aspects of the beach, even if one huge sandbox provides a bit of a challenge to Nature, but I doubt she'd ever go into the water.


Ghoulia's swimsuits have proven more elusive and expensive - again, it's cheaper to buy the doll than buy the clothes. Just the swimsuit, cover, and purse cost more than the doll herself, for both Gloom Beach and Skull Shores. At least, if you can find the doll retail, you get the shoes and props. It'd bug me more, but weeks before GB Ghoulia came out, I bought her a Bratz swimsuit that fits her character and form quite well. So, in my mind, she has one, even if it's not her 'issue' one. If I ever find an inexpensive Mattel-made Ghoulia swimsuit, I'll give the Bratz one to Toralei, so either way, I'm good. Embarrassed to admit it, but Abbey's lack really was bugging me, ever since I first saw the SS dolls.


Oh, boy. Here we go again. Hope your evening is more peaceful than mine's gonna be ! (makes a run for it)

1 comment:

  1. I think that suit looks fabulous on Ghoulia! And I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read the sand-box comment! That made me LOL! :-) Sorry to hear about your stomach issues. I totally understand. Hope you get to feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete