Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pretty sisters !

Current Mood : Ready to celebrate again !

Song You Forgot : Romancing the Stone, Eddy Grant



In case you haven't seen them yet, there they are - the upcoming Target exclusive two-pack of Clawdeen and little sister Howleen. She's been a fan fave since before she was actually seen, thanks to the diaries, but she also had a good launch in the Halloween Monster High special last year. Cute, but another set I don't really want. I'm still trying to figure out one thing : if Clawdeen's hair grows so wildly she can be highly experimental with it, why does she only dye it purple or neon green...or in this example, purple and neon green ? Hair dyes aren't near as expensive as the clothes brands she favors !


And there's a new special coming out on Nickelodeon for Valentine's Day ! I know I'm horribly late on this one too, but just in case, it'll air February 12th, at 1pm, but I'm not sure which time zone that is. I'll just look it up early next month and set it to record. Or I'll wait a day and see it online, like I do with Hoarders episodes. I'm not as patient with MH specials, though !


They completely changed the style, from 2d 'cel' style flash animation to 3d cheap computer, but I'm here for the storyline first, favorite characters second, art direction...third or fourth. I screen-grabbed the one image in the whole preview that really tugged at my heartstrings - you'll see it tomorrow, promise ! See if you can possibly guess what it is when you see it y'self - http://youtu.be/cnsjqECRsNI .  


Meanwhile, we have a birthday to prepare for next week ! Our little baby boy is gonna be twelve ! I'm still staggered. I mean, I thought my inept parenting was gonna kill him in infancy, but he's a strong one ! And he's reminded me daily that his big day is coming up. And what he'd like to see wrapped up, to commemorate the day. Kids today, I'll tell you what...


For today, though, I finally got tired of moving the ComicCon MH tote bag around and emptied it so I could machine-sew the Velcro(tm) on and be done with it. I put the hard side on the part that usually faces out, because the black thread would blend in, and the stitches wouldn't be so obviously horrendous. It turned out really nice, though. On to the soft side...the side I usually have no trouble with. Um...yeah. Ripped it out twice because it looked like crud both times. The third go-round was better, but still not good. Ah, well. At least it's done. Stuffed the clothes and shoe bag back in and put it away. Finally.


Did some cleaning to prepare for the week. I have the second of three diabetic classes this Friday, and it's nearly time to start worrying about the stuff scheduled for February. Wheee. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not that impressed with Clawdeen and Howleen either. I'm still trying to decide which version I want to get of her, she'll probably be one of the last ones I get.

    Happy Early Birthday to Dearest Son! :-)

    ReplyDelete