Saturday, January 21, 2012

Go Team !

Current Mood : Disjointed

Song You Forgot : Shoop, Salt N Pepa



Winter is the big season for machine embroidery freebies. Seems like half my mail (that isn't spam from AARP and others concerned about my weight and male potency) contains links to free designs and sales to encourage my money to get spent over there. Thing is, we bought about $200. worth of designs the first year we got Brody, my embroidery machine, and spent maybe $20. a year after that. Last year was maybe half that, probably less. Since most sites don't have the kind of fangirl copyright violations I really like stitching up, it seemed to make more sense to design and rip off my own, and save the few bucks I spend on others' works for really spectacular versions of antique dress forms. I am such a sucker for those.


But now that it's been well over six months since I even plugged Brody in, I don't see me buying any designs at all this year. I don't even know why I downloaded those seven or eight freebies this morning, other than they were nice and they were free. I don't know when or where I'd use them, but in case I need three more interpretations of Christmas trees, snowflakes with birds wearing scarves, or a "<3 " heart inna curly speech bubble, I'm ready to go !


I really need to embroider something. Just...not today.


Not sure what's holding me back - I had all day, nearly. Just had to put some clean laundry away before it got mixed up with dirty and I ended up having to wash it all again, and cleaned up our room today. Gonna do dishes later. But I let the afternoon go, wondering why I still feel so blocked.


This 'thinking' thing is gonna kill me, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment