Saturday, January 7, 2012

I like the idea of a Ghoulia galaxy !


Current Mood : Starry-eyed


Well. Here we are, at the end of the first week of 2012, and I haven't bought a single brand-new Monster High doll yet ! Lol. The nice seller who had the everything-but-the-doll-and-shoes Ghoulia classroom set shipped it yesterday, and I should have it Monday. Wow.


We got my sold book in the mail this morning, and it was actually cheaper to use Priority than to buy an envelope and send it Book Rate or First Class. So my buyer bought it on Friday and should have it Monday. Awesome. Sure, it cost us a bit more to ship than Amazon.com paid us, but heck. I'd rather have a happy customer than an extra buck-fifty six.


And, as promised, something in a nice 'starfield'. You can't tell from the photo, but I actually did put in an elastic waist, but since this is close-fitting, there isn't much 'take in' to it. So I ended up putting a belt on it anyway. I also wanted to see how the sleeves looked on a fabric print I liked, and with the shorter skirt version. One of the remnant 'starfield' squares was just big enough for the shorter (original) version. Thinking of using one of the denim 'lining' squares next, but with contrasting red thread, instead of the usual blend-in. And maybe a collar... And I still have a square and about a third of the other one of the 'starfield' left !


Also thinking of...panties. Yup, the bundle of patterns I got from NG Creations includes a set for them, and I wanna try to sew a couple. I know they have the Barbie-like 'molded in' ones, but I hate re-taking photos because this doll's seated and I can see 'clear up Broadway' - and she's still wearing her issue outfit ! Most of my skirts and dresses are just as guilty of being paparazzi-bait, so I need to make undies. Wish me luck.


For now, though, I'm sleepy. Hope your Saturday was fun ! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the new dress! I can't wait to get sewing again! Thankfully until I finish getting my studio set up I can sew vicariously through you! :-)
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'clear up Broadway', OMG that is awesome. I'm so going to start using that phrase!

    ReplyDelete