Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I need to sew this one again sometime...

Current Mood : Content

Song You Forgot : Forever and Ever, Amen, Randy Travis



Lost power again today, from 9 until 2:30pm. It was supposed to be back on by 2, so I can only wonder what problems the power co. ran into. As a consequence, everybody slept in and just hung out. Didn't have much of a choice - the heat's electric. But about noon everyone started to get hungry, so we made a run to the local Hostess bakery thrift down the street - it's been years since I went there. It's less a day-old store and more a half and half with new merchandise now. Good prices, but some stuff was more expensive than name-brand at Mal-Wart. Have to admit, though, with a minute or two in the toaster, the cinnamon raisin bread was ridiculously delicious.


It was really busy there, for a store that mostly sells bread and bread accessories. (grin) I could easily have spent ten bucks in there on pretzels alone. And loaves of rye bread.... Sure, shoppers came in and were gone in less than ten minutes, but it was a steady stream of customers. I noted that many stocked up on three or four loaves of standard white bread from the rack closest to the door and checked out without looking around. Me, I wanna look at the pretzels and snack cake aisles again !


Put the newly de-stitichified Fearleader outfits through the test today - touched up a few spots with a Sharpie and let them dry last night. No ink transfers, no rub-offs, no holes, and very little decal residue. I am pleased. And immediately grabbed my original Ghoulia and put her in the best of the two. You know you'll get that photo soon !


Not sure who's gonna get the remaining one. There's a screen grab - I grabbed it - of Lagoona trying out for Fearleading, so she'd look great wearing one, once I've made her socks. I could extend the olive branch to kitty Toralei, and welcome her back to the squad, but I'm not sure if she'd swat at it or pounce on it. And I really wanna see how Abbey looks in it ! (sigh) Now I want three more of 'em...


It'll be a while, though. Ordered Dearest Son's cake today, and while it'll be delicious, those things are getting expensive. Got a quick peek at Toys, which was more like 'Where Toys Used To Be'. Not much there, like a normal January, and the Monster High aisle looked just as it did Dec. 23rd. I pity anyone around here looking for something new - unless they're creating it ! 

3 comments:

  1. Draculaura looks great! And that skirt over the white dress was a brilliant idea! My Draculuara is wearing the same dress right now! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress, don't you ? (grin) BTW, love your Fimo 'bakery' ! We'll have to talk trade sometime - still want Lagoona ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES...I'm definitely still interested in Lagoona! Shoot me another email and we'll deal! ;-)

      BTW sorry I just saw this!
      Deborah

      Delete