Friday, January 6, 2012

A trip to the library, and I'm set for *weeks* !

Current Mood : Delighted



I'm still on a kind of 'craft high' from yesterday's success with the tote lid-cover. Forgot to mention this, but I did the lid from the longest strip, which allowed me to avoid using some odd pleats the original bed-skirt had in it. In order to use the remainder of the strip, I'm gonna hafta pick out the pleats with a seam ripper. Guess what's on the 'meaning to' list now ? (grin)


Got to hit the library today, and I really bagged my limit. Three more sequential Mercedes Lackey books, a huge art book about the making of The Empire Strikes Back, and a craft/sewing volume. Should keep me busy for a week, maybe two. Got all the others turned in.


Had to photocopy a pattern set I hope to use this weekend - our printer broke. The letter tray was sticking again when Beloved Hubby went to use it, and when it came loose, some white plastic piece did, too. Now it won't load paper at all. He's gonna look at it this weekend, but for now, there's the local library, his school's library, and various other locations for either Xerox copies or USB-drive printouts until we save up for his long-awaited wish - a black-only laser printer. I'll still use our current busted one as a scanner, because that still works !


We also went out to a late lunch, where I had some delicious fried chicken and paprika fries, and tried Beloved's catfish - yumm ! We knew, from past experience that Grandy's is very generous with portions, so we ordered smaller meals, and still took enough home for supper. I'm trying to hold out 'til Beloved comes home from school, but is that chicken ever calling to me !


Came home to some great news - my copy of Fashion Doll Sewing sold ! It'll be in the mail tomorrow, then I can wait the five to seven days it takes for me to get paid for it. Ah, well. Hope the buyer likes it. Like the other time I sold a book, Beloved sez the funds are all mine to do as I please, so I gave it a bit of thought today. After Amazon takes its cut, and postage is paid, I'm gonna buy two things I've always wanted, but considered too pricey to get, and the rest will go into the general family fund. Ironically, if things go as planned, what'll go into family funds is what I paid for the book in the first place ! Yay, me !


I kinda wanted to sew today, but that remnant from yesterday was bugging me. So I put MST3K Manos : The Hands of Fate on, and got to it. Wow. Whoever sewed that dust ruffle used tiny stitches and serious tension. In that twelve-inch strip, I had four pleats and five seams to undo, and it took me nearly all of Manos to get it done. But it's all ironed and ready to go ! Still have some strips of the ruffle, but only about a third as much - and only a few pleats and seams on the remnant bits. My fingers hurt, though, so I'm gonna wait 'til I need the fabric to undo the stitches. Don't be surprised if you see something 'starfield' tomorrow ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment