Monday, January 2, 2012

Tightening up the last loose tails of 2011...

Current Mood : Relaxed

Current Image Notes : Here are the 'Wild Girlz', a set of knockoff MH ghouls from Germany. You'll get an image of one out-of-box tomorrow. Kind of a 'Monster Junior High'-Bratz mashup. 



We had a lovely New Year's Day - hope yours was fun, too ! I wasn't sure if the Deadpool .gif was gonna work, so it was great to learn that it did. I may do that every so often, when I find a fun one !


Did you make any resolutions ? Mine are pretty bad - I promised to start keeping the food diary I should have been doing since November, and to try at least one new thing a week. I've already discovered that, when I hafta write it down, I actually measure food, and eat less of it, and that I can post .gifs. We brought in the new year, all three of us, watching Cars 2  on our bed, snacking and talking. I was also doing a bit of sewing, as I planned. Here's hoping I do a lot more sewing in 2012 !


Oh, and I forgot to tell you. You may remember that TRU was running a promotion - ten percent back on any purchase between November and Christmas eve. I was kind of excited, since we made early holiday purchases for Dearest Son and me, and had ten bucks coming back. Got 'em today. (sigh) And TRU wonders, between their jacked-up prices and ploys like this, why they're having trouble keeping customers. You ready ? Yeah, I got my ten bucks...in the form of a $5. off coupon good 'til Jan 13th, and another good from the 14th to the 28th. What's even more fun is that those 'TRU Bucks' represent purchases made from November to Dec. 12th. Purchases made from the 12th to the 24th will be sent on Jan. 13th...even though the Terms and Conditions I saw didn't mention a split of days like that. So chintzy. So my ten bucks will probably go down the hole, but I should be grateful that they 'gave' me anything. At least that's what someone always says when I whine about anything.


Kinda makes me glad there's not much in the upcoming Monster High lines that I want. I'm curious about the 'guy' Create A Monster sets, but much depends on what they look like. Dearest wants DracuLaura's car, but I still think $31. is rather expensive for an only slightly hopped-up free-wheel Barbie car. Fans are finding the next wave of fashions for Frankie, Cleo, Toralei, and Spectra at Mal-Wart, but again, I'm not interested. I don't know why one of the designers seems to think flame red and turquoise are a great color pairing, they make my eyes hurt when they're close together. I'd probably get Frankie's outfit, but what isn't turquoise and red is black or white...and it makes the red and turquoise stand out more. And I think I finally have enough MH shoes to not wanna spend $8. on an outfit for footwear I'll have to spray-paint. I like Toralei's set, but it's quite a simple outfit to duplicate on my own, and I'm one of those folks who just don't see the sense in open-toed, fold-over ankle boots. Call me fashion backward.


Of the rumored dolls due out next - a basic Jackson Jekyll (with diary), Operetta, Robecca Steam, Rochelle Goyle, and Venus McFlyTrap - I'm beset with, at best,  only mild curiosity. As usual, that may change when the actual dolls hit stores and photos hit the usual channels, but until then, I'm not slavering and restless about it. I think that, by not buying Spectra, I broke the back of the 'Gotta Have 'Em All' compulsion, and it'll be easier to resist again. Plus the simple 'no money' thing will probably follow us for a couple years to come, especially with Beloved Hubby going back to school. I'm so proud of him !


In fact, he wrote this today, and it'll seem fairly familiar to you, if you'd like to read it -  http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/02/1050676/-A-Cat,-A-Nurse,-and-The-VA:-how-my-wife-survived-2011?detail=hide  .  You'll also know why I'm so happy he's pursuing his education, and how proud and happy he and Dearest Son make me, every day ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment