Monday, January 9, 2012

Asian-themed clothing and sailor collars...thank Everything they look really stupid together !

Current Mood : Happy

Current Image Notes : Like today's image, just much, much BIGGER ! 



So lucky today ! Someone found a super-large waist-up photo of Skull Shores DracuLaura, and posted it to the LiveJournal Monster High group. Nope, I don't want this doll - I'm already running a surplus of her around here - but I just loved her swimsuit. Ya'll know how I am about 1) Asian wear and 2) Sailor collars. Three guesses what DLaura has. But when even the swimsuits alone (no shoes, no accessories) sell 'used' on eBay for about what the whole doll costs, it's unlikely I'll buy no matter how much I love it. Unless I can find it for under five bucks - I'm so cheep !


Along comes this huge image - and the near-Want fades fast. The smaller versions of this photo don't show how Mattel kinda went cheap on this one. While it matches her wrap-skirt, the sailor collar is just ribbon sewn to tulle, and attached to what looks like a simple v-neck maillot swimsuit. Heck, I can probably make that ! So the quasi-miffed feeling I had about not getting this one has completely vanished.


And it leads quite well into today's secret. I currently have six MH dolls I don't intend to keep. Most are new version duplicates of the ones that mean far more to me. But I'm only selling three. The other three I'm keeping as hand/arm insurance. I've broken two dolls, not just one. Didn't realize it at the time, but I broke the wanna-keep Gloom Beach Frankie the day I got her. Must've popped the little 'ball' in her arm joint when I pulled the left one out to change her clothes. I thought she just had a loose arm since it'll stay in if I don't handle her much. I ended up swapping the arm with Dawn of the Dance's last week, since I mostly keep her posed, and an elastic cuff hidden under her long kimono sleeve keeps her together neatly. She was slated for sale, but I can't sell a broken doll. And, since I broke a Ghoulia a few weeks ago, I kinda want to keep a couple around, in case it happens again. I'd hate to sell all my dolls cheap, then have to buy one at full price for an arm mishap.


And, yeah, I know Mattel sells replacement arms, and quite cheaply.  Only three bucks each for Ghoulia, Lagoona, Cleo, Deuce, and Holt. Plus $5. shipping. I'd wanna get all the doll arms to justify the shipping ! And since it's doubtful my dolls would get that much on eBay or a swap board, I may as well keep the few that might be a help. Can always trade or sell them later !


2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, I'm curious as to which dolls you are planning on selling and at what price? If you'd like can you email me at DLSarmywife@aol.com. I'd LOVE to chat MH. =D
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you couldn't sell your non-want girls' torsos (& legs?) on lj? The number of modifiers we have + Mattel's refusal to include two torsos in the CAM sets could = monies!

    ReplyDelete