Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Standing on her own two feet once more. . . Good Job, QC Barbie !


Cleaned off my desk today – it was getting too cluttered with unfinished projects and just plain small misc. Finally, I finished that black glitter fold-over elastic choker I’ve meant to finish for months ! It was all cut and figured out, I just needed to do three minutes of hand-sewing and 30 seconds of machine. Done, even though I have no idea where or when I’ll wear it.


Also put away some stuff, like taking the Elsa ornament I bought on markdown out of the box and adding it to the little collection. Used some stickers, stored some doll clothes, on and on.


And I finally took a deep breath and fixed Quick Curl Barbie ! I admit it, I chickened out after gluing her leg post back together, and by the time it was done, I had to clean her again. Followed these directions, and heard a solid click ! Then she was standing on her own again. Her leg swings easily and feels solid, so I’m happy. Wish I could do more with her hair, but I think it’s been like that for decades. Still, not bad for 25¢ (and $5. for Plastic Surgery glue !).


By the time Beloved Hubby came home, I felt wiped out and exhausted. Not sure why. But I caught a nap, and while dinner got downgraded, everyone ate heartily. Hopefully I’ll have more energy tomorrow.


Unless therapy leaches it out of me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment