Friday, May 4, 2018

'Finally Did It' Friday !


Beloved says he's proud of me ! 
I think that writing ‘I hope to. . . ‘ here is good luck most of the time – that or I don’t wanna get called out for not doing it, so I put in the effort !


Took a breath and a gulp and a handful of new, sharp pins – and some bandages – and pin-fit Ms. Elsa’s new dress, this time on the wrong side of the material. Of course, I play with it right-side out, but always sew on the inside, so every time I gotta redo it. At least it gives me a chance to play with the fit, and see what I hope to accomplish. Without that, there’s no reason to do it !


It came out just as I wanted ! When I first pulled this out of the thrift store fabric grab-bag, I had no idea what it was, thinking it was just fabric, ‘til I saw the buttons. But I knew where it was going ! This was either a woman’s long tunic or a mini-skirt, size L. I didn’t adjust the length at all. Just took out enough of the back to make a similar dress for a smaller doll – possibly a Disney Princess and Me – sewed a new back seam, put in a Velcro ™ closure (the front buttons are just for show), and shortened the shoulder straps.


I hope Elsa likes it ! Her original blue shoes would have gone well with the dress, too, but I always prefer classic black. She has those, a pair of hiking boots, cat slippers, jelly shoes, tweed with purple floral sandals, and black canvas Mary Janes with neon flowers. It’s great that she wears a size 5 toddler – they’re dirt cheap and barely worn second-hand, and go on markdown frequently in retail. All her shoes together cost $16. She may actually have more shoes than I do. . . and I’m still looking for some red flats for her.


I think my next project is a diaper and maybe some sort of clothes for the nude Newborn Baby So Beautiful I got from that local thrift for 25¢. She has an ill-fitting diaper from a recent grab-bag, and that’s all I have that remotely fits her. I once had a baby Ariel that’s about her same size, so, you guessed it, I already have some patterns. Too bad our printer is on strike for more toner.


Took Dearest Son to Dollar Tree, and hit a huge fundraiser yard sale on the way. He didn’t find anything, I got five kids’ shirts, a photo album, a hardback copy of The Audacity of Hope, and a small wooden catapult. Or maybe it’s a trebuchet. Either way, it launches wadded-up receipts far enough to startle and engage the cat. Beloved Hubby loves it ! All of it together was $6.


About all we bought at DTree was snacks – Dearest’s choices and several bags of cheddar Chex Mix, they normally only have Traditional at our store – and a MLP coloring book. Gave it to Dearest after I scanned the five Princess Luna images in it !


Used up the last of the markdown rotisserie chicken for lunch and dinner – boiled-bones chicken potato soup for my lunch, Alfredo Bacon Bake for supper. There’s bunches of recipes that start with ‘shred a rotisserie chicken. .. ‘

No comments:

Post a Comment