Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Spring Capers !

She wonders what girrafter.. . 

This is the adorable Newborn Baby So Beautiful, made by Playmates in ’95, that I found in the toy room of a local thrift, nude, for 25¢. Isn’t she the sweetest ? I found a pair of underpants that mostly fit in a doll grab-bag, then found the shirt and hat, still sewn together, in the bag I bought last Wednesday. While I still want to sew for her, I’ll probably alter the five kids’ shirts I got Friday to fit Ms. Elsa first. I need the space back !


Sorry if I seem a little distracted. Personal stuff that was challenging, but turned out happily, is fading to history like a sunset. I’m still processing everything and enjoying the mood lift. Beloved Hubby and I were up late talking, plus I took some meds late, so I was going to the bathroom all night. And pollen allergies have had my eyes aching and streaming. If it weren’t for dandelions, white clover flowers, and violets, I’d absolutely loathe Spring.


You’ll laugh, but I had the most tender pork steak of all for lunch. I had a small one in the package from Sunday’s dinner, and today was ‘use it or lose it’ day. I had no idea how to cook just one. So I boiled it for about 10 minutes in Dearest Son’s leftover beef ramen broth, then tossed it in the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 450°. Splashed a little teriyaki sauce over it, and oh, gosh, was that good. I hope to try it with some ribs soon.


Speaking of cooking, I have a recipe that sounds good, but calls for capers. I know where to find them, they’re not expensive, but to my knowledge, I’ve never eaten one before. Anyone got any experience with capers they care to share ?

No comments:

Post a Comment