Thursday, May 24, 2018

A busy and quiet Thursday, both at once.


Quiet Thursday, just the way I like it ! Took Dearest Son for his promised trip to Dollar Tree and a frozen pizza. He found a sticker book he liked, I found the Crayola Color Alive 2.0 sets. I bought Frozen (of course !), but they also had Avengers and DC Super Hero Girls. Pretty cool for a buck – it came with a thin coloring book and a pack of seven crayons, and directions to download a free app. It takes a while to download and use, but it scans the pages and reproduces the characters however you colored them. You can move ‘em around, put them in backgrounds, make videos, or take a selfie with them. Not something I’d pay more than a few bucks for, but actually quite neat.

Got Beloved Hubby another set of half-frame silver reading glasses – DTree’s are pretty good for the money, but they scratch easily – and as a joke, a paintbrush. He said he needed a cheap one for a short project, but he didn’t want a cheap foam one from DT. This one actually looked nice, the bristles felt good and cut about right, mounted in a wooden handle. He said it’s much nicer than he expected, and will work just fine. Yaaay !

Dearest selected a pizza he hadn’t sampled before, since they were out of his customary choice, and I found 2 ½ dozen eggs for $1.50. We’ve got about a month to use them. I may actually try to make a quiche soon ! Hope my guys want egg salad sandwiches this weekend !

Did dishes, Dearest got the trash out and around, and I pulled out the patterns I got from yesterday’s thrift tour, and got to work. It took nearly an hour, but I checked all the pieces, pinned and in the envelopes, against the instruction sheets, and learned that both of them are complete – even the directions are intact ! Lucky !! Since I liked most of the fabric the previous owner began with, I decided to leave the pinned pieces as they were, since they weren’t gonna get any more damaged, and sew ‘em myself. Hey, the tough part’s already done ! And there’s no better way to see who the finished clothes fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment