Friday, May 11, 2018

It's nice when your character shirt fits !


I know it’s hard to see the difference, but Ms. Elsa’s Frozen shirt is done. The neckline is a bit smaller and the shoulders aren’t sagging halfway down her arms. It’s still pretty big on her and can easily double as a night-shirt, but I like it like that. I’ve already pin-fit another of the yard sale kid shirts and hope to finish altering it tomorrow.


It was a quietly busy day. I’m trying to focus on sewing instead of snacking or watching crap TV on streaming services – anything that keeps me busy will work, and when I’m crafting, I forget my surroundings. That’s actually why I don’t do more of it, I’m easily annoyed if interrupted (and you know I can barely cook a pot of ramen without at least two delays) and often screw up if my focus is jolted. That’s why I prefer altering stuff to creating new sometimes – it’s often quicker and just as satisfying.


CVS keeps sending me ‘40% off one item’ coupons, but every time I go to use one, most of the store is already on sale. And a lot of the stuff not on sale is still too expensive even with a discount. Today I ended up getting a house-brand bag of rice crackers, since I already buy cheep shampoo and the few beauty needs I have from Dollar Tree, and Mal-Wart, for what DTree doesn’t have. Ours got rid of their toy section, instead just stocking a few seasonal items – they don’t even have coloring books anymore. At least the rice crackers were good !


Got dishes and laundry done for the weekend. I’m already looking forward to bedtime – clean sheets !

No comments:

Post a Comment