Monday, May 21, 2018

'Joyful Jumper' on deck - and the pattern's free !

Coming soon - my take on the jumper !

We were up and at ‘em early – then I went back to sleep for two hours. Then it was off and running, as I’d promised Dearest Son we’d go to the library, to return his videos and pick up our holds, the first three Fast and Furious DVDs (his choice) and The Princess Diarist, Carrie Fisher’s final book, for me. Also snagged a couple Mercedes Lackey books, like I didn’t have enough already !


Forgot to check the fuel gage, so we stopped on the way home for that and sodas. We kinda went nuts this weekend, so we gotta curtail our spending ‘til Friday. Still planning on going to Other Town thrift after therapy tomorrow, though – and I hope I don’t find much !


Decided to try the reversible Joyful Jumper, using two of the M-W July 4th fat quarters I’d bought – haven’t even washed the last ones yet ! - and last week's library printouts. Got the woven cotton ironed out so they looked like cardstock, and was mentally patting my back for choosing designs that would complement even if they showed through. I’m not known for that level of foresight, but it has been a tough couple of years. I’d just finished cutting the ‘Joyful Jumper’ pattern, free, thanks to Mamma Can Do It,  when my phone went off. Beloved Hubby was on his way home ! Hopefully I’ll get that sewn up this week. I’ve had decent luck with reversibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment