Wednesday, May 23, 2018

So very baaaad. . .


I was a very bad, no good, naughty, shiftless, selfish woman today. I loved every minute ! Skipped therapy – I simply wasn’t in the mood – but left on time anyway, Dearest Son was asleep and is well-versed in Momma’s Wednesdays. Hit three thrifts, spent a big whoppin’ $13.60, and another $40. on groceries and snacks Beloved Hubby requested.

Only went to the first thrift because I hadn’t been in months, and the total lack of anything interesting or cheep reminded me exactly why. Had to wait for an older guy to air up five tires (yes, he aired one twice) before I got to do mine, then I was on my way ! Next stop, the thrift in Other Town where I have a discount card that’s already paid for itself twice over.

Today, I made it three. I found another gorgeous onesie and a set of footed kitty-themed pajamas, for just 49¢ each. Discovered three more Build A Bears, but only bought the beige bear and the neon zebra-striped kitty. We already have the bunny, and she’s not Dearest’s favorite. There were three toddler Elsas, an Ariel, and a baby Cinderella, and one Animator Belle, but I didn’t buy any of them. All were nude with wrecked hair, yet they still wanted $3. each.

Digging further in the piles of plush revealed a tall Thomas O’Malley (Aristocats) and a small Figaro (Pinnochio), both from Disney Store, and Dearest loves Diz kitties. I also found a ballerina bear that was definitely not BAB, but her outfit might work for a project, and for 79¢, why not ?

Two fabric / craft scrap bags rounded out the prowl, and I was surprised at my low total – turned out two of my buys were this week’s half-price tag color ! Plus my 15% card discount, and I saved big !

Delighted, I headed to the Other Town Salvation Army. Squadoo. The few interesting picture frames and purse I liked proved to be damaged. Lucky I found out in line. Moved that thrift to the ‘Once a Blue Moon’ list, too.

Got some groceries and goodies, munching sale grapes on the way home. Dearest was thrilled with his new plush, and I gleefully went through my scrap bags. Wow, what a buncha goodies ! The larger bag had lots of all types of fabric, plus yards of pretty ribbon, some small lace, some wide ruffles, a strip of black Velcro ™, and several small spools of thread. Even a cute small doll romper that might fit Newborn Baby so Beautiful, once it’s washed. And a birthday-themed BAB bow tie – Dearest claimed that one, too.

I could see that the super-cheep bag had patterns still pinned to fabric pieces, but their sealed bags are a challenge to poke at ! Figured I could unpin and use the fabric, so I was really surprised to discover that, of all the bags to buy, I managed to find one with doll clothes patterns – Simplicity 8376 and 9144, both for large (17 – 18”) baby dolls ! Not sure yet if the patterns are complete, I haven’t unpinned anything yet, but even if I only got parts of them, it’s wicked cool that I got it !


1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that’s quite a haul! And how lucky that you got the 18” patterns!

    ReplyDelete